System Pics 2024

@DiggyGun
Understand the logic. May well end up in a similar place myself although I’m not coming from a 10 box system. I will also need to listen to the 606’s being driven by the Linn solution, currently using Kudos S20A. I have listened to 606 before but they were not being bi-amped, need to confirm the difference and if I can justify it assuming they are better in my room with my old ears.

1 Like

3 Likes

I used to look at multi box Naim systems and think they looked wonderful but now the minimalist look is far more appealing to my eyes and I’m guessing a whole lot cheaper. How do find Linn sound compared to the Naim? Great looking setup BTW

3 Likes

Linn produces a more polite sound, transparency and detail to die for. Naim on the other hand has a slam and punch that demands you to listen to it.

Both quality sounds just different presentations.

Gary

12 Likes

Maybe the way for the future with external amps. Had first considered keeping the NAP250DR but three Linn dealers advised me against it and recommended the integrated amp

As Gary states.

We like it. Our main genre is Jazz and the presentation seems to suit it.

There is also enough grunt and bass when needed, for example, our TV is connected and when there is suspenseful and ominous music you can hear the bass very well.

DG…

2 Likes

The audition panel (Max B. & Claunc) came along yesterday and they have been pretty much entusiastici with active IBLs. They preferred It to nSat system. Me, probably i really liked It, listening off axis on the laterali sofa

1 Like

I had one of those, bought it from Jeffries hi fi in Eastbourne back in 78. Cost me a months wages back then. Including a VMS20E.
Much as I love Rega’s modern TTs I don’t think they have ever made a more handsome deck.
Possibly one of the best looking decks ever with that lovely Acos/ Rega arm

1 Like

There was a time, a few years back, when photos of aftermarket suppliers of power supplies for Naim equipment would be removed from this site by the Moderators.

It’s not a power supply Graham.

3 Likes

No, I see now that it’s a Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver - not that that helps me much to understand what it does!

1 Like

This shop in Green Street was the local hifi shop to me when visiting nearby and I would spend a few hours there…“Just popping over to Jefferies…”

There was another hifi shop in Grove Road, Complete Audio Systems I remember.

All my early exploration into quality sound was made in these shops, and the second hand junk shops in Seaside.

I still have the amplification and speakers from these two shops in everyday use.

Thanks for the reminders.

ps I agree the Rega decks are improved with the wood surround, but do you let looks spoil the sound…discuss for ever and a day…

Good point, I now have a P6 which sounds great but is very nondescript to look at. For me it’s sound first, up to a point!!
When I bought that deck from Jeffries, I think I had to wait six months from order to delivery.
They were so helpful as a dealer though, lovely team

1 Like

I connect my phone to it,
Listen to podcasts through it,
Sometimes music if I’m too lazy to be changing over records all the time,

Thank you, I prefer the old skool look, to the more modern stuff, also I don’t like sondeks to common,
Or them straight tone arms,
Plan is to bring the wood back to life,
And get the upgrade power and motor package for it, takes a while to get going, got to help it a bit,:rofl:

I did both of those upgrades to mine, plus a new bearing.
All quite straightforward plus you can change speed without moving the belt if you go for the motor control box

1 Like

I like changing the speed manually
It’s part of its charm,
Did not think about the bearing tho,
Thanks

Beautiful system, love the Dyns!

1 Like

@Marty_SF … Thanks :blush: love Your Dyns 30 too …

1 Like

Had a bit of a light come through before the crazy rain all week, made me think of the Solstice launch photos. Finalized the conditioner upgrade (and the full color coordination for my OCD). I’ll add the streamer back this weekend, hopefully this poor media console won’t collapse :slight_smile:

46 Likes