System videos 2020

Great stuff - thanks for posting this. Informing about some houses down your way - in one way good re the void & cabling but, like some older houses with basements in the UK, not so good in terms of chambering and structure. I know of one dealer who put construction props in the basement under their dem room floor.

1 Like

Nice video and. I enjoyed the accent :wink:

Do you use a remote for the volume control?

1 Like

Cheers, it’s probably one of the best things I’ve done to the system, to get it out of this small room. Our house was built in 68 and has a 600mm cavity under it. It’s built from a native hardwood called Rimu the wood is as hard as hell and doesn’t rot for a very long time. Think Captain Cook use it for ship masks. Anyway been a ver y long but enjoyable process, it’s rather amazing that little by little the system has become a right beast in its own right…now to go active :nerd_face:

Ha ha Mike that because your about the only person in the forum that can catch what I’m i saying😛
I’m looking for a a remote transmitter, I think naim use the Phillips format, think it’s about 34 ghz??? Looked on flea bay but the flea bay world wide shipping, then they decide to tax import duty’s at 31% where NZ is 15% and I wouldn’t even be import “duty attack” for the $100 cost. I get a bit stubborn about things like that. Kick a man when he’s down but you don’t have to put a fire out right.
I wrote the seller who says they are from the US but I’m sure China, think they probably got bit confucius about what I was trying to tell them in not so diplomatic terms. No reply go figer.

1 Like

Seeing the volume on the 52 being >12 noon, are you using phono boards inside the 52?

If so, and as good as these are, an outboard phono stage might also help if you are getting the vinyl bug. I’d do this before thinking about going active.

1 Like

No it has a k board prefix in the LP 12 powered by the supercap. The cart has a very very low output like 22 mV so lyra SL Single coil. I can turn it to 3 or 4 without any issues he he I know naughty with out a remote. I’m very careful and know my old girl In side and out (literally) I get a bit party sometimes why not it’s awesome to me.
Also the kit in another room leans to less signal path distortion which into allow a little bit more curry. Actually that’s the whole idea of a good rack imo.

My mate has a remote for his 72, I can ask him how he got that if you like? I think its infrared though, so wouldn’t work between rooms…

Thanks, I mean I have a remote but as you say room to room no good, a IR remote transmitter or you could call it a booster works on a radio frequency, in this case I think it’s 34ghz (close to Nz Cop Radar 34.7 GHz lol) You just set it up in your listening room plug the transmitter into a power socket then set the other end in your kit room with the rely transmitter pointed at the preamp and Job done. Naim newer gear have a radio remote and I think Bose did it a very long time ago.
But you know what I enjoy getting up and changing the LP its all part of the experience. I’m getting rather into it and I’m sure it’s not healthy for my bank account.

1 Like

Great vid and system @anon32455950 :+1:t2:

What was it you was playing at the end, minds gone blank. :notes:

Patricia Barber “ode to Billie Joe”. Off cafe blue.
Cheers mate. Just lovin life and the music!!!

1 Like

BTW, we have a 60’s timber bungalow and I’ve done reno’s for over 20 years, so I feel your pain!

1 Like

Yes indeed it’s not a cheap process, that is why I don’t like those renovation shows, gives “she who should be obeyed” ideas, I just work night and day for it :sob:

1 Like

Sorry Phillips protocol is 36 kHz not GHz :woozy_face:

Hi Soundsfaber.
Thank you very much for sharing your great system, which I thought sounded great even through your phone. It’s a relief to see some having been on a journey like myself to get a system sounding the very best it can in the confines of the room. Good on you and enjoy :+1:t3: Peter

I need to have one last play with my own system and will then try to do a video, where I shall try not to mention the word ‘ ro… room… room treatment’ :rofl:

2 Likes

For Fleeing Zen, you see the lovely Japanese calligraphy above the right hand speaker. It’s reads “light of the bright moon” my Mother in-law is a very sharp Japanese calligrapher, Yokohama Jin. Teachers it in fact.
I think its very appropriate and goes hand in hand with Naim audio.

4 Likes

Nice one. Great idea to have the system in a different room from a visual perspective. Must make Mrs SF happy.

Yes indeed. She wasn’t so into the Eiffel towers in the lounge.:grimacing:

1 Like

Finally I got to making a video. Here you see our son Niels dancing while our Naim Atom is playing. :grinning: He can make quite some noise while dancing, as many children with Down syndrome tend to do.

Link: Naim system video

BR,
Richard

21 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.