Ten grand

Do you have a wooden plank floor?

To my ears you have made a good choice Cooky. You loved what the Linn did. End of. You also have the option to improve it over time or simply stick. Not so easy with the Rega which is no doubt also very good. Enjoy!

1 Like

i have a solid floor with thick laminate flooring the p6 is also on a wall shelf
i do use isoacoustics gaia under my speakers a startling upgrade they turned out to be.

1 Like

@JimDog

I do have a suspended floor but in all honesty I believe the improvements went way beyond solid or suspended.

Why? I had always bought into the belief that speakers had to be rock steady and spent many an hour taking every bit of wobble out of them over the years.

With the Podiums it was exactly the opposite, making sure the load cells are perfectly centred and not rubbing on the platforms, allowing the speakers to wobble freely.

An effortless,bigger, more focused 3d soundstage, revealing detail I hadn’t heard before from recordings I knew well, and when I looked at the volume control it was at 20 to 12 instead of my more usual level of 15 to twelve.

They’ve been one of those upgrades when you can’t go to bed at night, thinking I’ll just play another track or I wonder what that sounds like and it’s 2 in the morning.

The improvements are not limited to just the above, vocals,micro detail,rhythm all get an uplift. Several months on now and there ability to release the music still gives me a big grin.

I would, at sometime, like to put my 2 Fraim stacks on Townshend load cells.

The 552, NDS, ND555 all benefit from sprung suspension, so why not the whole system?

Hopeful others here who use them on solid floors will confirm my belief.

Happy New Year to you.

2 Likes

Having been a lifelong “rigid spikes coupled to a solid floor” person, I too was shocked to hear how beneficial a set of wobbly wobbly speaker bases can be. The Townsend podiums were rejected on aesthetic grounds, so we went with Isoacoustic Gaias but the effect is similar.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.