Ten grand

I did that exact comparison a couple of weeks ago at a local dealers between the P10 and a Linn Akurate LP12 and my preference was the Akurate LP12. Of course the Akurate LP12 is about £2500 more but they are both in a very similar in price range.

I will definitely have a listen to the akurate before i decide always liked the look of the Linn

Happy Christmas

2 Likes

I would love to know what your preference is if you decide to do the comparison.

Happy Christmas to you too. All the best.

One other thing I picked up at the dealers was that Linn will shortly be bringing out three new upgrades for the LP12, so it will be interesting to see what they are.

Bugger!

1 Like

@Cooky

@Dan_M

It’s a NeverEnding Story!

Have you decided how to spend your 10 grand Cooky.

Happy New Year

1 Like

Happy New Year!

My turntable is similar to Akurate level with Kore, Cirkus and modded Akito arm upgraded by Audio Origami. With a Lingo 1 and Graham Slee phono stage it sounds fantastic. Works well with Dynavector 10X5.

You could get a used LP12 with many upgrades at higher level than Akurate for £5k - £7k and have change to buy records.

There’s a fair bit of depreciation on the kit from new so good deals to be had!

1 Like

I’d spend money on sources.

1 Like

Im still playing with the dealers p10 he wanted some miles put on it,it is sounding very good right now after 6 days i shall return it next week and either bring the linn home or do a side by side comparison in the shop now i know the p10 so well.

Happy new year to all

3 Likes

well back from the dealers returned his p10 which set up alongside the linn akurate played half a dozen tracks through the p10 to get acclimatised then we switched over to the lp12
well the start of tears in heaven brought a tear to my eye neeedless to say ill be ordering the linn at the end of the month

2 Likes

The cartridges and phono were on the same level ?

linn krystal and apheta 3 both going into aria phono stage

Why you preferred the akurate? On what criteria ?

Keep the 52/135’s and spend the £10k on a high spec s/h LP12 and some LP’s

2 Likes

Bringing tears to his eyes, seems like it. That is about as flat earth as it gets.

2 Likes

The linn is nicer , I agree. But sound ? Specially on akurate level…humm…

I personally would not build an Akurate LP12 as currently defined by Linn, but I’m not surprised by the results TBH, though the cartridge used should have been the same.

1 Like

The akurate lp12 costs 3 k more vs p10/ apheta 3. Add 3 k to the aria price, and you have p10/ apheta 3/ Aura. It would swallow the lp12 akurate aria.

1 Like

That’s partly why those definitions are silly. Fit a better arm than the Akito (like an Ekos from a reputable dealer) and a Radikal instead of the Lingo 4 on the Akurate and you’d have a much better deck for about the same money.

As for phono stages, you can use them with either deck, so again I think it’s silly to think of them as part of a package.

I was only considering the 3k differences between both and what would sound similar prices set up.