Thales turntable, Statement arm and exquisite st cartridge

I understand. But as you have a dealer who can lend you some stuff, why not try another cartridge which can suit better the Tron?
Or increase the gain of the Tron, as pointed by Dozey.
There are many many cartridges on the market, but few are really sorting from the bunch. Dynavector, Lyra, Air Tight, top Ortofon….are among these.
Tron is also something, one of the best tubes phono. It would be sad to not investigate further with them, you could regret it.

I would assume this is could be solved with a Step Up Transformer?

Already asked Graham about it and he said he couldn’t get it to work

1 Like

I already have the top dynavector cartridge and certainly not going to be buying another cartridge any time soon.

But this ST cartridge is quite special and certainly better than my dynavector and I would like to use it going forward if I can and the tron looks like it just isn’t going to work with it right now.

But now I know what the problem is, I can now atleast look for solutions.

1 Like

Yes, but a good step up costs 3/4 k….
And I like very much Lyra, so finally it’s not a problem for me.

1 Like

I very much like my dynavector but the exquisite ST is in a different league and so it should be looking at the price

Maybe should have kept my rega aura phono stage now lol

1 Like

Have you compared the Dynavector with the Exquisite on your RCM ?

Yes only for 4 tracks and that was from a stone cold, brand new, as the dynavector was back on as I got to the point of not wanting to hear the exquisite any more.
But swapped them back last night as it only takes a few minutes to do and played the same tracks, I left the loading and gain the same and as of this point I Don know whats best for each cartridge, so obviously it may suit one more than the other, but as with all previous results the exquisite ST is just in a different league.

Having heard this cartridge, it’s hard to forget. It is a stunning thing and it’s nice to be hearing it properly, it’s a shame my tron can’t handle it, but if I have the exquisite cartridge then the tron will have to go and right now the cartridge is winning this battle very easily.

Been out at the nec all day and will be spinning some tunes later, hopefully the phono stage has warmed up and can begin to show me what it can do, as its ment to be very good even if it’s back to solid state

The demo has begun

3 Likes

Separate power supply for the RCM

2 Likes

Plus just to add to the mess I will have a SME 30/12 here as well tomorrow for a few hours only

1 Like

So now you know you like the Thales tt, the Thales arm, and the Exquisite.
You have just to know if the phono will stay or not.
Maybe eventually later try other phono stages, if the dealer carry them. Whest audio and Tom Evans are well represented with Naim here.

Whouah, SME 30/12 tomorrow. I am waiting :+1:

Yes had a message from the guy and he is planning to be with me by 10 o clock tomorrow
Just not sure where I am going to put it lol

I hope I can sort out something as I like the tron but going to see how it compares to this RCM

1 Like

Perhaps disconnect the Rossini combo and put it instead at that place. The SME needs a good shelf. Just for tomorrow.

It’s to long for the feet to fit on the fraim, this is the problem as I found when I was looking at the 20/12, this is the main reason I how have the thales

But something temp just to get a feel, as I have some mdf I can sit on the glass

1 Like

Well a quick update trying loads of different things to see what works best, but he has to go soon

Some news on the SME 30? You are surely very busy

1 Like