Thank you, Naim forum people!

Kev, I have completely missed this. Did you post you were distributing or something?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a Mojo man from issue 1, Uncut as well (Q and Select when they started out and were worth buying). Iā€™ve seen some great albums get two or three stars and that must be so soul destroying - so Iā€™m really glad a well deserved album gets 4 stars.

1 Like

Hi @Jamiewednesday - yes, the band I co-manage (and my record label) has put out its first vinyl release. Just go to Bandcamp and look for ā€œEse & The Vooduu Peopleā€ - ā€œUp in Smokeā€. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cool. And kudos.

Thatā€™s why you keep taking pics of themā€¦:wink:

Go on then, Iā€™ll give it a spin! I did give Dynamite many plays, so nice to see them moving forwards.

1 Like

Which options include the hi-res download?

Not used Bandcamp for a few years, looks like my old login wonā€™t work.

1 Like

Hi @Alley_Cat - you can buy the 24/96 download from Bandcamp - you also get it if you buy physical versions of the album (vinyl currently and CD too in the next week or so).

It will also be on Tidal from next Friday

2 Likes

Cheers!

1 Like

Yes Indeed - Cheers Kevin.
Nice album, looking forward to some serious listening.
I first listened to a track on www, squeaky laptop speaker aside it was my kinda music, hints of Hendrix & some musicians who sound like they know their trade,
so go for it.

Only negative - I downloaded WAV & there is no metadata tags, no problem for me as I can sort it pretty quick, but whyā€™s it missing. Iā€™ll shoot a comms out to bandcamp.

1 Like

Sorry @Mike-B I have no idea why thatā€™s happenedā€¦

No problems Kevin, a minuscule nuisance & its sorted, 15 mins with Mp3tag.
I took the opportunity to add the band name & album title to the cover art picture (purely for my OCD) , all is good & happy
If I get a reply from Bandcamp, Iā€™ll post it for everyoneā€™s info.

1 Like

Kev & Mike,

Likewise. Exactly the same with my WAV download, but the Tags easily fixed using DBPoweramp.

1 Like

Bandcamps reply: ā€œWe include metadata with all download types except for WAV, which doesnā€™t fully support metadata. To get the audiophile version complete with metadata, youā€™ll just want to select a different lossless file type to download. We like FLACs because they have the full metadata, are smaller in file size, and are identical in audio quality to WAV.ā€

I sent a reply pointing out the error of their ways ā€¦ :wink:
So be warned, buy FLAC & convert if you really want WAV

1 Like

Or you could just buy the vinyl and stop messing about with this WAV/FLAC malaki!:joy::grin::sunglasses:

2 Likes

is it worth spending 30 dollars ( with shipping) on modern lps? i am not persuaded. Some i bought sound like a cd.

1 Like

This one sounds nothing like a CD, @frenchrooster :grin:

Here we go again Hi-Jack thread alert.

1 Like

Donā€™t see any hi jacking here, Andy. Just a little banter. So far people are discussing their impressions of the album and their different formats which, given that it is Kevā€™s baby, Iā€™m sure he fully appreciates. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do!

1 Like

Sold out yet?

1 Like

so it was recorded on analog master tapes ?

1 Like