Thank you, Naim forum people!

wanted to point also that i was not referring to the specific Ese lp album, just responding generally to Tony post. And more specifically asking on the sound of modern lps…

1 Like

The Ese album is a full analogue recording. If you but the LP you can also download a 24 bit version. It has a really lovely sound.

2 Likes

i will very probably buy the lp. I am tempted now!

1 Like

Agree a lovely sound, but some passages has bass that gets close to OTT.
Not that I’m complaining, but I know someone who will when she hears it.

1 Like

OTT is negative or positive. Overwhelmed bass but controlled, or excessive?

O ver T he T op, what I was meaning is neither negative or positive. What I mean is the bass is predominant in the mix, but its no more than a live band gig that has ‘turned up the bass’ That to me is the essence of this album, a live band, raw & in yer face.
My speakers are not complaining, they are not over reacting with room bloom, but a bit more volume might just push it.

2 Likes

Sold about 95 copies J, which isn’t too bad. Only 400 or so to go! Once Ese and Sheena return from touring with the Alabama 3 and the band starts gigging properly again I think we can shift a few units :grinning:

1 Like

Completely analogue @frenchrooster - analogue tape recording, analogue mixing console, analogue mastering and cut on a vintage cutting lathe :ok_hand:

4 Likes

whouah! i am very surprised! I think it’s not very common nowadays, or i am wrong?

1 Like

Arrived this morning K. What a brilliant piece of work everything about this album is ‘mint’ as I think young people would say! :sunglasses: music, production, artwork / photography,liner notes, pressing and love the coloured vinyl seems to reflect the music brilliantly. Well done all involved should be very proud. Hope to meet up soon to buy you a celebrity whisky.

ATB Graham.
PS hope the sale’s goes well.

1 Like

Thanks G!

1 Like

Been playing mine for about a week now and I must say I liked it the first time but it does get better and better the more you hear it. Probably my favourite album of the year so far now. As many have said the presentation is great, you can really see the passion that has been put into it. It is not just another album churned out in its masses and it is lovely to see this kind of pride in work in this day and age. Great photography as well Kev, you should give yourself a big pat on the back ! Love it.

5 Likes

Thank you @biddler66. :smile:

@TheKevster no thank YOU Kevin :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Just been told, the CDs should be ready for despatch on 5th June…

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Thats brilliant…vinyl guys have bern torturing us😉

3 Likes

Why not just buy the 24 bit download? Why wait for the CD?

Forget CD, so last year darlings
Talking vinyl has anybody compared it against the 24/96

I think the vinyl sounds better Mike - closer to the sound we got in the studio on the day(s). But I think they all sound good - vinyl, CD and 24/96.