That’s silly!

After a week of happily getting along fine with the new KS-1 between 500 and Sibbles i remain bemused at how thin this cable is, probably best not think about it, and besides the flexibility is very advantageous at squirrelling away from view.

So, PB have you got your new KS-1 plugged in and burning in yet?

…not that i think it needs any burning in :smile: :notes:

7 Likes

Does your cats know there’s a mouse in your house

1 Like

That mouse puts up a good fight when Morph tries to knock the stuffing out of him :smirk_cat:

4 Likes

@Debs Your SBL’s must have so much bass that they have created a force field around them and pushed away your carpet!

Great looking room and system, of course :cat:

2 Likes

The previous fireplace was a horrid looking 1980s brick thing that was installed on the cheap. It had a very wide footprint which was hopeless for audio speakers, that’s where the blue carpet is cutout.
The blue carpet at least has some quality, i’m not in any hurry to change it yet :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the response @Debs. I wasn’t sure if you had removed the carpet deliberately, but your explanation about a wider fireplace answers the question. The blue carpet gives a nice colour contrast to the naim facias in your photo, especially on the nap 500.

1 Like

The Covis virus put a stop to everything Debs, its on my to do list when I get back. Strangely enough the last month has been the busiest I have ever had and I have hardly listened to the system in the last few weeks.

I will update when I finally do swap to the Kudos cable.

Kind regards

PB

1 Like

I hope you’re not working too hard, i know this virus has put many people under a lot of pressure one way or another, some overworked and others at home in lockdown worried about there business going under.

I consider myself very lucky being retired, and with lots of music listening time on my hands.

I sent Peter an email @Cymbiosis, a week later received my KS-1 in the post :+1:

8 Likes

How did you find the kudos cable?

1 Like

The KS-1 speaker cable was fitted between my NAP500 and SBLs over 7 weeks ago.

TBH i haven’t experienced any burning-in issues to mention (unless there is more to come!), and compared to NACA5 that it replaced it isn’t a world apart in voicing or tonal differences. However there is a degree of difference, and to my ears with my system i can confirm a slightly more forward mid, and improved bass definition.

I did swop back to naca5 for a few days a couple of weeks ago, and the above result was confirmed. It’s really nice to have a relatively inexpensive cable that sounds in the same ball park but sympathetically removes some of the naca5 rough edges in the lower frequencies.

I hate to admit it being a big time fan of naca5 , especially it’s ability of providing satisfactory musicality at more sensible costs, but KS-1 has musicality in bucket-loads, and a remarkable performer for such a thin unassuming speaker cable :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you Debs
Good to hear :+1:

1 Like

Hello japtimscarlet
Are you still happy and using the kudos is-1 speaker cable?

Cheers
Mike

I finally picked up two runs of Kudos speaker cables from Peter yesterday :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Any first impressions polarbear?

Read post number 17 Mick :grinning:

1 Like

I had to remove a few surplus cables first :anguished:

1 Like

I wonder if this could be the cable to replace the naca5 (that is too short) for my active sl2s- I need two pairs of 7m :grimacing:

Go for it…life is too short, like those really expensive ones that you can only afford 2m😉

Karen will be pleased, she’s been complaining about the black cables for some time now lol

1 Like

I can’t remember the total cost of superlumina but for two 7m pairs and two lots of xlrs it was way beyond £10k

1 Like