The 13th Beatle Studio Album

And I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading somewhere that I, me , mine was the last original Beatles track ever recorded (that was released) but only 3 Beatles were involved.

.sjb

3 Likes

I’ve gone on how the albums were recorded and yes Let it Be was the last album released as others stated. My understanding is that GM didn’t want anything to do with it. Some how through all that was going on they then recorded Abbey Road. Let it Be was released after they’d officially broken up.

This seems indeed to be the case

In January 1970, by which point Lennon had privately left the group, the three remaining members formally recorded the song at EMI Studios in London for the Let It Be album. When preparing the album for release, producer Phil Spector extended the track by repeating the chorus and second verse, in addition to adding orchestration and a female choir. - Wikipedia

1 Like

I remembering staying up till after midnight on a Sunday night to listen to an sneak review of Let it Be. I’m sure that Maybe I’m Amazed was included, obviously Macca held it back for his first album.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.