The Best Thing about My System is…

Reflecting on it, actually to pick just one thing, the best thing about my system is that it plays music!

1 Like

“…my haven and refuge…” .
The best words to describe it!!!

2 Likes

The reproduction of musical performances, the friends I have made because of it, and having a logo I designed on it.

7 Likes

You have Ovators in your KITCHEN?!!! You must live in a palace!

3 Likes

It’s not there at all–just music hanging in the air.

1 Like

It’s paid for……

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be yours if it wasn’t… unless it was given to you, in which case that would be a bonus!

Reliability and the best possible form of predictability.
I know how it sounds, how it can sound, I know how the Sats will perform in a given space, how the SN will drive a speaker.
I may be Naim’s prodigal son (among a bunch of others), but a black box is family to my ears - and mind.

2 Likes

The best thing about my system, aside from the sound, is that I still enjoy how beautiful and well made it is even though it’s been years since I bought it.

1 Like

The best thing about my system is it’s simplicity and it’s ability to just play music in a way that never leaves wondering what if I had or added a…

1 Like

Time to upgrade it then :joy:

5 Likes

The best thing is it is something to enjoy for a lifetime…not another piece of junk that you waste money on thatgoes in and out the door. Just been through recap #3 on my 30 year old 72/hicap/250 and it sounds as good as when i bought it. When i tell people that Naim does that…they just can’t believe it … i have ‘sold’ a few Naim systems because that’s how Naim respects its customers.

2 Likes

It was a stretch financially at the time, but I got very good deals on almost all the items (jeez except for Fraims…), but now I now have a system I am very proud of and impresses me.

2 Likes

When I come home from visiting other places playing music with generic speakers and bluetooth systems, I appreciate the hobby and the soul and engagement the music that projected from my system.
I think a mentality adjustment is quite important, it’s too easy to get lost in the hobby and forgot the passion for music. Usually when I have a really busy week, then a week later the music just sounds so sweet.

1 Like

Well said, Bjorn. I think that many, even most, Members feel the same way.

I feel the same about my 12-year-old Rolex watch, which has just come back from its first ever service.

These things are expensive to buy initially, but provide great value in the long run.

2 Likes

The OC green logo?

I don’t know its there when playing music.

1 Like

Yes, this recent post linked below explains the first appearance, then it became a loudspeaker badge, followed by inclusion on the front of the Original Classic boxes.

6 Likes

Very cool history of the brand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.