The Best πŸ‘Œ

Surely a contradiction in terms?

3 Likes

I think these were the best fags Kev

6 Likes

Round these parts fags = cigarettes :slightly_smiling_face:

Fags are also the name given to junior boys who performed menial tasks for senior boys at English boarding schools. Practice was known as fagging

1 Like

Yeah, I know but we had more Borstals than Boarding Schools :grinning:

3 Likes

This thread should probably come with a health warning.

3 Likes

Yep. A good Lucky is a smoke…
Have to be American made though.
Similarly, Camels. Another classic. The European version of the latter is a pale thing indeed.

1 Like

We were smoking Camels and Chesterfields in our teens. If you had one before breakfast you didn’t need it.

3 Likes

Blimey, that looks interesting.

When I smoked my tobacco of choice was Old Holborn. A slightly stronger flavour and a much fuller alround Tobaco odour in my opinion and of course blue Rizlas not the thick gluey green ones.

1 Like

It’s perhaps the most expensive salt in the world becoming imbued with the bamboo and other subtle types of alchemy happening during the firing process. There are more affordable varieties available, for example single fired.

I like to smoke Old Holborn in the evenings (for the fuller flavour) and sometimes a cigar with a glass of whiskey/cognac. I use the medium (green) papers because they come free with each packet (I use the blue/silver for something else).

Wishing you a lovely start to the week :relaxed:

2 Likes

That make you (and everything around you) stink though regardless of the brand or type. Yeuch! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Going further back in my youth, I once bought a Shisha pipe from the Grand Bazaar in Cairo after trying it in Dahab for some weeks.

I always loved the odour of the Apple tobaco they use in the pipes, soft, moist but resembling manure.

One of the best places to smoke a water pipe, on the beach along the Gulf of Aqaba.

3 Likes

I’ve been to Aqaba too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes revolting. Amazing that there are still people doing this whilst giving advice in the healthcare world. That’s why you should be cautious of listening.

1 Like

The French are best at smoking. I once went out with a French girl, who was practically half-woman, half-Gauloise, and who was able to do practically anything – dressing, cooking, sewing, etc – with a fag clamped between her lips. Without ever breaking the ash.

Here’s Deneuve, that epitome of Gallic glamour, looking very cool smoking.

8 Likes

Bonkers!

…but more Beduins ride them.

7 Likes

@TheKevster

Ah, Gauloise…before I discovered American, they were my cigarette of choice. Laura will tell you, I was never without a Gauloise and a hipflask, or bottle, of Cognac!

Poser, see? :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ll match your french fancy with a cockney cracker.

11 Likes

I play badminton (the fastest racquet sport on Earth) at county level and I have a resting pulse that is less than fifty BPM. I have also retained a six pack in my forties (lifestyle?) and in case you did not know, some of the oldest living people in the world were smokers.

Wishing you a lovely day :relaxed:

5 Likes