The Best 👌

May I ask whether you’ve had any experience of it removing stubborn stains like red wine and blood? Wishing you a lovely evening :relaxed:

Blimey, your parties get a bit lively then?!

12 Likes

I suspect it works very well, and if you have expensive delicate clothes it might well pay for itself quickly in terms of keeping them in pristine condition after washing, or maybe just freshening up.

My only reservation would be the capacity so you might need several runs for more than one person’s outfit - I suspect though it’s a step before hanging clothing not something you’d always do immediately before wearing clothes.

Alas, I’m not an example of sartorial elegance either in terms of clothing or the underlying frame to carry them! :joy:

It probably costs more than all my clothes combined!

1 Like

A different laundry product.

I first came across these when dearly beloved asked me to look out for some brightly coloured tee shirts. I proudly came home with a full rainbow set, but was quickly in the doghouse when she washed the first one. Boy, did the dye run. I remembered some home made remedy from a book on natural dyes, did some research and discovered the Lakeland sold these. In short, they work.

Recently, there was a comment that whites were looking grey. We worked out that we had stopped putting one of these in the white wash. The blurb on the packaging many years ago suggested whiter whites because dissolved impurities were removed. No guarantees, but it seems to work.

With energy and water use a concern, the ability to do mixed washes and a full load every time is a saver.

3 Likes

I’m sure Ebor will give a better answer, but I’ve been perusing some reviews and most suggest it does well with dirt (some saying stubborn stains might take a second wash), but is perhaps less effective with body odour from gym clothes etc

I’m not sure I quite grasp the technology, presumably all these little balls/beads are impregnated with the surfactants which are gradually released over many washes, then you replace the beads.

Looks like it’s worth a shot anyway - it’s on offer in Sainsbury’s currently and the manufacturer’s site says you can send a copy of a receipt for the chance to win a £200 food shop if you buy the egg in January at Tesco, Sainsbury’s or Waitrose.

1 Like

Professional window cleaners never use proprietary glass cleaners, just cold water with a small squirt of washing up liquid.

If you want something in a bottle for small areas of glass, you can make up a very cheap, unscented, additive free cleaner by adding a little baking soda and vinegar to water.

2 Likes

We’ve recently discovered Nanna’s secret…

A clay paste with all natural stuff that gives better results than Astonish and similar cream pastes that has artificial chemicals.

Woolen Wonders tumble drier balls.

Makes your tumble dry session more economical and can make some items not needing any further laundry processing.

3 Likes

It was more in relation to using a cleaner for Naim cases than glass to be honest , and it seems the old formulation recommended here over the years is no longer available.

Yes, I’ve heard of it being used for Naim boxes. The baking soda and vinegar concoction is a very widely used DIY cleaning agent for many surfaces, I haven’t tried it on a Naim box but I’d be surprised if a mild solution didn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’ve still got one of the older Astonish bottles half full I suspect, there just seems to be a cleaning industry penchant for adding strong scents to everything when it probably isn’t needed.

WD40 is excellent for cleaning casework.

Is there anything WD40 can’t be used for. :grin:

Surely a contender for the best.

2 Likes

Yes, I hate those scents too. They are usually pretty vile, and totally unnecessary.

1 Like

Amana Black coconut incense sticks.

Call me old fashioned, but a nice bottle of red wine, some nice music playing and the scent of Black coconut just sends me.
Especially in a more colder ambience.
Don’t put on the heat. Just light up a stick.

Decades ago I had a favourite, although I believe the brand disappeared. This is lovely. Doesn’t leave any trace of roast sausages or other BBQ carbon based scents just clean Black coconut.

3 Likes

For those that like to keep their nails looking immaculate, look no further than Onsen of Japan:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

1 Like

If you want the best bathroom silicone sealant, this is the one to buy.

Nice and easy to apply and and extremely good mould resistance.

7 Likes

Try Nag Champa joss sticks, Jeff Buckley’s favourite.

1 Like

A colleague told me to try this about 30 yrs ago. Wouldn’t use anything else.

51o8XO15WhL.AC

4 Likes

THE old lady’s handbag of scents…

You might like to try one of Gwyneth Paltrow’s candles…

11 Likes

I’ve tried this. Burnt my moustache sniffing it.
Smells like roast sausage rolls in a biscuit tin.

9 Likes