The Best 👌

Yes, it’s still there. Hopefully you can re-visit some time soon.

I have been several times to the Cafe du Marche and am glad to report that is still going strong

Yes, thanks, I’ve just found it on-line. It hardly seems to have changed since I was last there over twenty years ago. I will try to visit it again soon. It used to be fantastic, so I hope that I’m not tempting fate.

Re restaurants near Smithfield - my favourite place was Ask for Janice. Sadly it didn’t survive Covid …

There used to be some very good restaurants around Smithfield, which isn’t surprising with the freshest and biggest choice of meat in London on the doorstep. I will go and have a look soon, hoping that some (at least) survive.

1 Like

The hot ticket right now is Bouchon Racine run by Henry Harris near Farringdon. Very French and despite repeated attempts have so far failed to secure a table!

1 Like

Definitely not THE best, but still definitely the best you can easily find in an accessible local supermarket at a reasonable price.

6 Likes

That sounds to me like a good reason not to go there!

The ”best” wine bottle opener:

3 Likes

The ”best” home espresso machine and grinder: La Marzocco Linnea Mini and Mazzer Luigi.

4 Likes

The ”best” briefcase and carry-on: The Bridge (this one is 20 years old and used daily) and Rimowa:

3 Likes

The absolutely best dog treat: Hills Hypoallergetic:

3 Likes

Volkswagen’s Best selling part.
Currywurst sausage is manufactured by Volkswagen at Wolfsburg and sold in restaurants in its six German factories. The sausage is branded as a “Volkswagen Original Part” P/N 199 398 500A, five large bangers per pack. It is the most produced of any of Volkswagen’s parts, some 6.81 million sausages being manufactured in 2018. In many recent years the company has produced more sausages than cars. Volkswagen ketchup (part number 199 398 500 B) is also produced and sold to accompany the currywurst .
Both parts are delicious and highly recommended

19 Likes

Waiter’s friend …freebies from vineyards

3 Likes

Rimowa cases are indeed wonderful

1 Like

”Best” waste basket:

2 Likes

”Best” bread box:

3 Likes

The Best “Best”…

The Wedding Present. George Best. 1987.

6 Likes

The Best Greatest Of All Time Goat… the Damascus Goat…

5 Likes

A striking resemblance with the football player. I bet his name is Lionel.

1 Like