The Best 👌

Biona coconut milk is best that I have come across and it does not contain any emulsifiers/stabilisers:

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :relaxed:

2 Likes

Have you seen lots of ‘Michelin Starred chefs’ using this on the internet? :joy:

Sainsbury’s did it when I was a Saturday student with them 50 years ago!

Ah ha. I have walked past that new venue in Marylebone a few times and wondered about it. Slightly worried that St John’s was doing “an ivy cafe” and throwing out franchises all over the place trading on the original name. Was it good? Did it live up to your expectations?

1 Like

It’s only the third St John restaurant and absolutely lives up to the reputation. The deep fried rarebit is unique to this one and is worth a trip just for that - sublime!

3 Likes

Coconut milk is an essential ingredient in (for example) a stupendously sumptuous Thai curry with holy basil. Sometimes, I like to brown chicken thighs (juicy with a crispy skin) and pierce the meat with a skewer (to check the internal temperature) against my delicate cheeks (there are two to choose from in terms of sensitivity) as using a meat thermometer does not necessarily take into account the unique shape of the meat.

Wishing you a lovely weekend :relaxed:

3 Likes

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

1 Like

Cav. Cocco’s pasta is one of the absolute best and my favorite (and I’m Italian). They use a natural water source close to the their plant and every machinery they are using is the very old and original once used since WWII. Pasta is then is left to dry in the sun, in their mountain area. Once you try this pasta you are not going back!

2 Likes

As in “burn the other cheek”?

Exactly Akron. Perfect balance of taste, structure and surface texture.

One can trawl the internet for videos to see what Michelin starred chefs serve their clientele, who apparently have such a discerning palate, they dictate what chefs use :joy: These are the same clientele that unless they’re told what to wear, they dress like hikers. Whether these videos exist, no one wants to see them or cares.

I was under the impression, as a medical man- that we have 4 cheeks- perhaps I am mistaken!

1 Like

And use the remaining Thai basil leaves for a sensational twist on a Mojito.

2 Likes

My wife bought me this beautiful Burberry wallet (made from the belly skin of a crocodile) for my birthday (ten years ago):

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :relaxed:

4 Likes

For chocolate and almond lovers - I am very much enjoying this …

3 Likes

Is that the same St John’s as used to be just by the original Smithfield Meat Market in the Farringdon district of London? They used to pride themselves on selling more unmentionable parts of animals (awful offal, if you will) than you could ever imagine. Being rather squeamish, I never dared go near the place.

1 Like

Indeed - St John started by Fergus and Margot Henderson. Pioneered ‘nose-to-tail’ eating. The original and the best

1 Like

Is it still there, by Farringdon?

In Smithfield yes

I used to work near there (on Holborn Viaduct). My favourite restaurant in the area was the Cafė du Marchė, a lovely old converted granary-type building. They used to do wonderful French onion soups so thick that you could stand up the spoon in them and fantastic Chateaubriānd steaks to share. I went there for a celebratory lunch with a friend who was Deputy Editor of The Guardian after the birth of my first son. I would love to go back to see if it’s still there, and as good as ever.

3 Likes

Goodness, that’s worn well over ten years. And a nice Burberry scarf to match.

1 Like