The Grand Cafe

Just been for a ride (London). Bars, pubs, hair “things“ all open. It is as if nothing has ever happened. As you were…

Good luck, hopefully it works a lot better then the re-opening has in many states across the US.

2 Likes

Good morning all hope you’ve had a great Saturday night and stayed cautious. Just cause there’s a few lunatics out there that either think they’re bullet proof or just don’t care doesn’t mean we should drop our guard.

2 Likes

I had a great evening visiting a new found friend with an awesome system and media room :sunglasses:

That’d be interesting I don’t know anyone that has a setup I’m like to hear (expect my dealer). Apparently I’m the weirdo in a group.

1 Like

I discussed the set up on this thread:

Coming from the US I love criticism and I love controversy I love to debate. My working life found me in the shipyards and we had hey saying that everybody has feelings and sometimes they get hurt. The way around that was to get over it. I guess if you don’t like something on this forum skip over it. I think most of us on the blog are adults and listen to comedians and movies that have an occasional F-bomb without jumping out of our seats and writing letters complaining. Currently with the pandemic I welcome reading and listening to just about everything anyone has to say except Donald Trump and the moderator of the blog. But that’s me.

1 Like

Wonder how it compares with a 250, might go and Google them.

Had a dream last night that I was the new owner of Naim and I moved HQ to 10 minutes down the from me. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Think the forum members would revolt.

1 Like

God they’re just over a grand (AUD), what a bargain.

1 Like

Yep, it’s just words. Think that’s the best option if you don’t like something just flick past. We don’t have to respond to everything.

1 Like

I’m certainly going to borrow his and try it out, to good an opportunity not to explore. It’s a straight in / out amplification Without distortion according to the test curves.

I’m just reading the website now. There’s lower powered amps for $700! I don’t understand much about bi-wiring but it sound like a good value option.

They have a DAC for $310.00.

For either my SN2 or Nova, I would just add one as a power amp, that’s what I’ll test when I borrow the one I heard. They are shoe boxes sizes too, so easy to fit in.

The power amps would also be a good option for a home surround system, just add a processor. Cheap alternative to those massive AV amps.

1 Like

I run a bi-amped setup (not NAIM) and, to my ears, bi-amping did add a little extra… however I needed a back-to-back evaluation to hear the improvement. It certainly wasn’t a night/day thing.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind hearing a bi amp system, the amps we were talking about are great value it’d interested in how they sound.

What you seem to get is better clarity with each note. For example when you get a deep bass note the treble still comes through nice and clear. Non-bi-amped the treble is sometimes swamped by the bass.

1 Like

Its going to be a short year in our house. Just tried to post a reminder in wife’s cheap £1 calendar to get the leaf blower serviced. Apparently there is no October this year😁

3 Likes

Unfortunately that just makes winter a month sooner :scream:

2 Likes