The Coronation

With that last coronation, liz was such a young hottie - watching back footage just proves how lovely she was.
Charles being somewhat very old and grisely in a direct comparison is left looking bizarre.
Still, I’m raising a glass to celebrate.
Long live the king.

7 Likes

So this comment isn’t political?

Exactly right. His comment wasn’t political.

3 Likes

France seems to be basically alright

Apart from the riots, of course.

2 Likes

No no, that’s great fun if you end up near it as tourist. You basically get the full fat France experience without paying for it. What not to like!

5 Likes

It’s not exactly anarchy is it. And it’s not as if Britain hasn’t seen rioting.

This idea that a head of state should be born because we don’t want an elected role at the top conflicts somewhat with not giving that head of state any actual power. (So the power still rests with the elected role in any case.)

Not to mention the counsellors of state.

That said, I don’t have a particular beef with a titular head of state. My issue with the royal family is the collateral damage it causes to those who aren’t or won’t be the monarch. Harry, Andrew, Margaret for example, and those who get dragged into it. People with no purpose and we wonder why they struggle.

2 Likes

Listening to it live now on BBC Radio 3, sounds really nice

2 Likes

There is some cracking music being played

2 Likes

You put your right leg in,
Your right leg out
In out in out shake it all about.

You do the hokey-cokey and you turn around,

That’s what it’s all about.

All together now…

1 Like

Does anyone else think the choice of carpet colours in the Abbey and their placing this morning might be a little ‘accidentally on purpose’?

If so, excellent: well played.

Mark

3 Likes

Can you explain for those not watching?

1 Like

Good to see an Australian made coach in action I’m a bit disappointed it doesn’t have a Holden badge on it somewhere.

7 Likes

Well, you could just switch on your TV.

If that’s not possible for any reason, I’m just going to say Royal Blue and a nice deep Gold.

Mark

2 Likes

And the coolest person in Westminster Abbey is…. … Nick Cave

2 Likes

The late Queen’s father, George Vi died on 6th February 1952, Elizabeth was crowned on June 2nd 1953 so well over a year after she became queen.

1 Like

It’s only 6 HP!

4 Likes

Gorgeous horses though.

Pity it’s completely out of sync with the tv feed, seems a fairly basic thing to have got right for such an event, looks to be about 15 seconds here