The Duke!

Yep. They get the Civil List and the Exchequer gets the profits from the Crown Estates.

“… 'cause tourists are money,
and our figurehead is not what she seems.”

1 Like

I think the problem with Andrew is that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and is completely out of touch. It’s all going pear shaped for him with corporate sponsors pulling out of his charities. He’s becoming a tainted figure just like Epstein. Mud sticks.

1 Like

Yep, here in Australia 3 Universities have dropped support for one of the projects he is a Patron of. Probably more to follow. Don’t worry, he is getting smashed in the media over here too.

Well at least Meghan is quietly liking the attention moving away from her ATM I assume.

Please could members keep their posts from drifting into politics. Also, please could we not have pictures posted here of any of the people who may be involved in the Epstein case. Thank you.

Que?

No politics? But… this is the “Padded Cell”?
Couldn’t find the rule in “The Rules”… Perhaps they need an update.

1 Like

See the rules here:

In particular, this section that reads;

The forum embraces all members regardless of background or whether you own any Naim equipment or not. What unites us all is a passion for music, hifi and Naim. To that end we have decided that best harmony is maintained where any and all religious and political discussion is left at the door. Please refrain from making overtly political or religious comment here.

Ah ok. I thought it was the Duke from memory…

The Duke, or was it the Duck?

He would not bother, rooster. As long as gets his carpet back.

1 Like

Perhaps he has been set-up just for this purpose ?

I’ve tried to ignore all of this but understand he’s not going to be allowed his birthday party!

1 Like

And a great movie, but he was the Dude. :+1:

Yes, someone pointed it already. In french traduction in the movie, he was « le Duc ».

2 Likes

Ah! That explains why! Evil translations, it should be forbidden.

1 Like

I found the term Duke funny because it was the extreme opposite of the man in that movie. Dude means something like a simple guy ?

I think is is very different. Where I come from - The Netherlands - it is a ‘cool’ guy, but it seems that elsewhere the meaning can be quite different.

I just tried to check on google, so finally I was more asking…The cool guy seems more logical here.

It’s definitely the cool guy, or want to be.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.