The Electronica Thread

Discovered Pole recently, album Fading, good stuff and excellent sq. Qobuz 48/24

Fabriqué en France

4 Likes

1 Like

Unbelievably, Gottsching’s masterpiece was recorded back in 1983

4 Likes
1 Like

Not sure if there’s any relation to the earlier Caterina Barbieri. Richard Barbieri. !

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Utterly cinematic with exquisite macro and micro manipulation.
Horror Inc. Briefly Eternal. album from 2013 should be on many system test replay lists with some tracks on the album going very very low and high.

Snooker legend Steve Davis is an unlikely individual to get involved with imo the best electronica album from 2019. Perhaps more kosmische. But, all the better for it.

1 Like

I’ve got a broad idea of "Electronica’ and perhaps more interested in mixing it with more established styles. Darkside nailed it big time.

2 Likes

Electronica in the Leonardo da Vinci style.

2 Likes

Omniversal by Opiuo. Roon served up Pumpernickel and Sneakers which were great
 really enjoyed the album!

Really enjoying music by Niteworks really good band from Scotland, music with a Gaelic twist

I love the track that uses the U2 “with or without you” bassline - combined with the Close Encounters theme. What’s not to like?!

“As if you’ve never been away” 
so good.

1 Like

Holy Other - one of the great missing artists. That album - and the EP before it - are so SO Good.

I must have listened to Yr Love a thousand times. Leaves Burial for dead in my view.

Surprised it’s not been mentioned yet - but 76:14 by Global Communication. People that love this album, really LOVE IT. And I’m one of them - my youngest son was born to this playing in the deliver room!

Been released in several formats - most recently a lovely vinyl box set.

If you’ve not heard it - do yourself a favour, and thank me later.

3 Likes

It’s in my top 25 list :blush:

1 Like

It’s one of those records - not dated in any way - sounds like nothing before (except a BIT like Pentamerous Metamorphosis) and just exists on its own.

I’ve introduced it to so many people (read: ex girlfriends :relieved:) that “dont like that sort of thing” who very quickly love it too.

Such a shame Tom Middleton and Mark Pritchard never followed it up. But we have it in all it’s perfection - so should be thankful for that :blush:

Yes i agree! I personally also prefer the original release to the remastered version, it’s much more visceral to me.

76:14 and Biosphere’s Substrata are probably my two favorite ambient/electronic albums

3 Likes