The Grand Cafe

11 Likes

The one i never knew until recently was he could often be seen fiddling with the back of his saddle during hill climbs………he later admitted the bike was specially designed to have electric assist😟

2 Likes

Nothing surprises about him, he’s such a cheat.

And a very good morning Gazza.

1 Like

I’m enjoying my free upgrade of diagonal speaker connections :sunglasses:

1 Like

Free, didn’t the free and hi fi went together.

What are they Mike?

1 Like

My speakers have two pairs of plugs for bi-wiring, low frequency and high frequency. As I use single plugs, I have the bridging wire vertically between the plugs and had the SL speaker cable plugged into the low frequency plugs. After some research, I’ve swapped the SL plugs to have the positive on the high frequency and the negative on the low frequency - a diagonal configuration.

I have a thread about it here.

I have 2 sets how do you know which hi and low frequency

1 Like

Low frequency is bottom and high frequency is top. I have red (positive) to the high, and black (negative) to the low, like this:

1 Like

I’ll try that tomorrow, cheers :+1:

1 Like

If you get new speaker cables for your 252 be sure to get matching jumpers to replace the bridging wire. Witch Hat have them for their speaker wire. BTW, I placed an order with them yesterday for a Morgana cable, after the chat above :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m waiting till next month when they release the new speaker leads. It’ll be interesting to see how (in) expensive they are compared to the SL.

2 Likes

I think @gazza is one of their testers for the new speaker cables (Spectre?) They told me they were better than SL, though of course they would :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I believe young Gazza is, wonder what he thinks and if his matched them against their opposition.

Yes, i have just preordered my Spectre speaker cables, send the prototype back when it arrives in a few months. SL works for many people on here, but did not for me………and nothing to do with the price. Spectre gave greater transparency, dynamics, and most important very musical it just disappears. Though to be fair it costs more than the Kudos ks-1, which is an excellent cable.

3 Likes

I’m seriously looking at replacing my speakers with the new Mission 770. Love the look of them and they’re getting rave reviews. The price is about $3k less than the Neats I’ve be considering.

1 Like

The stands are also included in the price for the 770’s! I would love to hear a pair as my first few pairs of speakers were Missions and I loved them

I’m looking forward to hearing them soon too, the first boat load turn up later this month. I’ve reserved a pair as they’re expected to move quickly.

Gosh, you’re a quick mover. Are you going to demo?

Yes most certainly, I can get my money back if I’m not happy.

1 Like

My dream speakers would be the top range Totems, within the Wind Design or the Element Metal V2. I prefer the look of the Winds, but my dealer reckons the Metals are better for rock. They both need a big room to breathe, so unless we move to a house with a bigger listening room, it will be staying a dream.

2 Likes