The Grand Cafe

O dear … is this how BWs end …

2 Likes

Not another product of your carpentry skills.

O no, I saw this in some sort of pub-ish venue.

1 Like

Are those Acoustic Gaias on the feet?

1 Like

They look like tortured BW Matrix 801 loudspeakers.

I’m virtually under house arrest for another 6 to 8 months, restricted to small gatherings with limited numbers. No gigs or trips to the big smoke. Thankfully the building/painting/music will keep me occupied, anyway people are soo overrated.

Which leads me to…

Maybe I might upgrade, thinking of long term and trying to keep things simple the 3 box option of the 2 series sounds like a good idea. Box count would decrease by 3 plus all the wires and clatter. However the 3 series would be nice but would probably end up 6 (I would add the 300 ps x 2) boxes and cost more than I feel like paying.

There’s also problem my dealer couldn’t match the fire sale going on here (still) and being loyal it’d cost me over $10k. Thank heavens I’ve time to think. :grin:

5 Likes

Tricky decision there Pete. I think you could run the 222 with your XPS and 250 as well as a cheaper option. Or a Linn DSM with your 250.

3 Likes

We had a frustrating day. Mrs Mike was getting a certificate at the school assembly today, we went and were very excited - it was her first being at high school for her 4th year now. Unfortunately they hadn’t really worked out how to support Miss Mike, and she was too nervous to go up and completely shut down. Pretty disappointed with how that went, schooling in general (that’s a whole story in itself) and how her future looks, when we should have been celebrating her achievements.

I’d have a beer, but she’s doing a couple of dances in the hip hop show tonight and I’m driving. Fingers crossed she will nail that.

7 Likes

I forgot that you can run both series, the 222 is discounted online by close to half price plus I’d need the legacy cables. Also I couldn’t buy my Naim gear from anyone else.

1 Like

Tough day Mike, you just have to keep doing what you think is right.

4 Likes

The issue you have is that a 222 will be a hit on performance from what you have. That leaves the 300 series if staying with Naim, but then the economics of a change aren’t great. That’s really why I’m locking in my system as end game.

2 Likes

I have a solution for you - and only 2 boxes

And an unbalanced system as I’m not getting rid of my Neats.

SN3 with his NDX2? Or SN3 and LP12 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess another option is to wait for the SN3 replacement and run it with a NSS333.

2 Likes

Look at @IDAK solution
Very smart

1 Like

Yes but if I drift away from Naim I lose the ability to stream to other Naim players.

1 Like

You poor sod :rofl:

Well sorry you want to drop a few boxes

Hope all goes well / went well for Miss Mike

Ian

4 Likes

Yes but I need the ability to stream through out the building, I’ve got 2 QB and one gen 1 Muso.

2 Likes