The Grand Cafe

similarly Pete i am locked into the Naim ecosystem. I bought the new NSC 222, NAP 250 and NPX 300 a few months ago and am very happy with it as a 3 box set up. Hopefully the newer technology has a decent lifespan ahead of it too. If there are bargains to be had down your way it might be churlish not to take advantage of them? appreciate your loyalty to your dealer though.

2 Likes

It did thanks Ian. She lead her group onto the stage and they did two dances to a great reception from the audience. She had a big smile and a full heart. It just goes to show what a difference a change in environment and an activity she has a passion for makes. It was a good reminder to focus on that going forward.

13 Likes

There will be a solution Iā€™m sure / chat to the guru :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™m chatting to a lot of gurus lately. :grin:

1 Like

Ha ha - only one in my Naim auro Pete :grinning:

2 Likes

@Pete_the_painter

thinking about Peteā€™s issue of wanting to drop a few boxes

Same issue for me longer term. Some time ago I spoke with Bob the owner of Neat Acoustics, he advised that my main speakers the Neat Ultimatum XLSā€™s perform best with seperate preamp and amp. The same would be applicable to your speakers Pete, they are pretty much up there at top of the tree.

I think however the potential missing piece of the puzzle is what Naim will do with the integrated SN3. If they turn that into a ā€œmonsterā€ with all the bells and whistles then that might be a good outcome and as you say Mike a 2 box solution or maybe 3 boxes tops with PS for the NSS333.

Currently no potential for trade in 252/SCDR at a decent price I can advise you of that .

Iā€™m holding fire to see what happens with the SN3.

2 Likes

Very happy Ms. Mike and the rest of you had a great finish to the day. The earlier part saddened me as well. Itā€™s that keep moving on and remaining positive philosophy that you guys have that makes things work.
All the best, mate.

5 Likes

Thanks David, I appreciate that.

5 Likes

How is the build going Pete?

1 Like

Hi Gazza, still on track for a September lock up, hope to have the last 5 panels up and the slab on level one finished by the end of the month. Brickie starts tomorrow and the roof is book in for the 1st week in August.

4 Likes

I did forget to add I am dealing with a concreter who has no business or people skills and throws his hands in the air and walks off when thereā€™s a problem. Itā€™s like negotiating with a 6 year old.

4 Likes

I thought it was going too wellšŸ˜„ Some of these trades people seem to be a law unto themselves.

3 Likes

@Bevo gee the Wallabies knocked over Wales, maybe there are some encouraging signs.

1 Like

I thought they would Pete

Wallabies were slightly the better team , but Wales is a really young side and a few odd calls against them.

Only takes a kiwi coach to get the wallabies back on track hopefully they get stronger . What a mess Eddie Jones created last year.

ABs just got home by one point against England that was a really tough game and could have gone either way

Harry no doubt happy South Africa beat Ireland

All these sides meet again next Saturday

2 Likes

I have to say watching the match from over here at times England looked to me as if they were just about hanging on against NZ. But as you say at the end it could have gone either way. Good game of rugby though.

If the ABs no 9 PJ Perana is out injured for the return match the ABs will struggle and England might just take it

Should be another great match

Hey, hey, hey ā€¦ England is in the final against Spain after beating Holland 2-1. Sunday will be interesting.
Saturdayā€™s game for 3rd place will be good as well.

1 Like

Yes our English friends are ecstatic hope theyā€™re not let down too badly. :grin:

2 Likes

Look into up grading but itā€™s really not an option with our trade ins worth considerably less than they should be.

Which leads me to ask the question should Naim and their new Aussie/Kiwi distributor do a deal on trades for existing customers who have been caught up in this mess but would like to upgrade. Itā€™s only existing customers that are effective, any new customer would taking advantage of A2A fire sale or completely unaware. Itā€™d also probably help the existing dealers.

1 Like

Did I mention that A2A now have the fire sale on in New Zealand for all their discounted Naim items - previously it was just the Muso range and Focal stuff. That makes it pretty difficult for the other retailers to sell anything thatā€™s on fire sale.

The used market has been hit with the double whammy of the A2A fire sale, and the effect of OC gear being superseded. Add to that the poor economic situation here, the selling market isnā€™t great, but itā€™s also a buyers market too if you have the readies.

Itā€™s swings and roundabouts to a degree - you could get some fire sale gear at a good price, accepting that your resale price on discontinued items will offset some of those savings. If your staying with your dealer, you are stuck with higher prices and lower trade-ins, so a double negative whammy.

And after all that, thereā€™s the unknown around long term support for Naim gear, so the added, and not insignificant, risk of buying new gear at a significant costs and uncertainty of what ongoing support there will be.

Which, is all to say itā€™s a bit pants if you want to stay with Naim. Which is why you will see a few here switching to other options for upgrading.

4 Likes