The Grand Cafe

Gosh…….that looks unpleasant, wishing you the best Pete👍

3 Likes

All the best Pete , you’ll come out the other side , didn’t realise you have to go through all of that

4 Likes

Yes, for sure, Pete. I have imagined what she has also been going through this entire time. It would be extremely stressful for her. Thankfully, she is strong as well. :star:

I hope the stem cell thing isn’t too bad and is over sooner than you think. Again, we’ll be thinking of you …

3 Likes

Had some bad news from my builder yesterday his beautiful German Shepherd got out last night and got hit by car. He was such a gentle giant, very sad.

10 Likes

Thats awful.

I know, you know how much I miss having a dog I loved going to site to see him. It’s very sad. He was always the first I’d go to.

2 Likes

Exactly the same happened to one of my friends dog here in southern highlands couple of years age Pete

Bloody tragic - he was a largish cavoodle and a real character

Cold here when I hit this morning - 6 degrees but wind factor took it down to minus 1 - I thought I was in my hometown in NZ :flushed:

Yep the towns as busy as I’ve seen it, they’re all up to go check out the snow on Barrington Tops. The idiots go up in sedans it’s clearly marked 4 wheel only. Nothings stops stupidity the cops have put out a request for them to be cautious.

That is awful Pete. I’m so sorry. They are lovely dogs. I totally get that it’s a loss for you as well as for the owner.

1 Like

That’s really sad Pete. I’m so sorry for you and your contractor.
We live where we do because we wanted to be away from heavy traffic, yet we have still lost several cats to cars over the years. Nearly always when they’re very young.
It’s heartbreaking.

1 Like

It’s even harder here for a dog like him out here as farmers have the right (and trust me some do) shoot on sight as they’re a threat to stock. I’m just a little disappointed he got out I’d have him at home in front of the fire.

2 Likes

Gee there’s a huge outage that includes the US, Aus, NZ, Asia, Japan and India. My phones internet is working but not my home system. It’s taken down banks media and governments. Apparently it’s Crowdstike in Texas and a software issue.

People might have to talk to each other.

6 Likes

It seems to be worldwide issue. According to the news e.g the flights are delayed at airports at least in Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and all airports in Spain due to this problem.

2 Likes

We seem to be back online although some media services are still struggling

2 Likes

its a bit unsettling that such worldwide havoc can be caused simply by MS, just goes to show how vulnerable we are

It does it makes some of those dystopia tv seem a bit closer.

1 Like

What’s the floor area for your build @Pete_the_painter? Been thinking about long term rentals for a winter escape in the Sunshine Coast - but gosh - the prices to buy are crazy :flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Many companies point to Crowdstrike, but the real problem is that these companies don’t have a Plan B. They simply don’t know what to do when the system goes down and the system will go down.

I’m a bit annoyed that my local bus company has paused all operations because the security button doesn’t work. They want to guarantee safe operations for their drivers and since the big red button doesn’t work now, they cancelled everything. That many people are dependent on these busses, are waiting in the heat: no problem. What is an issue apparently is the button. They just conveniently or cowardishly ignore the fact that 99.999 percent of the people behave normal, especially during working hours and that most of these people have a cellphone so if something happens, they still can call emergency services.

I’m a bit upset about it really.

I arrived at our campsite last week. My 3 bankpasses didn’t work at reception and they started to ask questions about sufficient funds. They couldn’t identify that their machine had an issue. They didn’t accept cash. So: no plan B.

I’ve escalated this at the campsite and the guy reluctantly after I insisted the manager and things were sorted (cash indeed).

This is France ffs! Half of the restaurants don’t accept any form of digital payment so they should have allowed plan B (cash) in the first place.

3 Likes

We live in Canada’s Sunshine Coast in British Columbia.

Typical summer weather,

Low humidity, no bugs and far enough north the days are long.
Can’t speak for the Aussie version……

9 Likes

Beautiful part of the world think your winters are a wee bit cooler. 29c is a comfortable temp imo