The Grand Cafe

@Bevo pinch me am I witnessing a Wallaby revival.

1 Like

Not yet Pete - beating Georgia by 11 point not going to do it - South Africans here for 2 tests in 3 weeks mate :frowning:

My experience with builds like you are doing Pete is always look at 30% minimum cost overun on original budget

Always expect the unexpected as they say plus we live in very difficult times

We’ll drive them into the ground. :rofl:

Yes I’m treating the fit out differently, put a chippie plus one on hourly and I’ll supply all the materials.

I’m finding the cost of getting a builder to everything is way too high, need to bring costs down. Got an old former Lend Lease PM who’s helping (free of charge) run the fitout.

1 Like

Pete, I believe your job was / is in flooring.

We got quotes to get a Beton Cire (fine concrete) floor done in the garden house. Quotes were around a silly 6k Euros for 32 square metres.

I’ve ordered the materials myself and one back from holiday I’m going to do it with my kids - accepting that it is lower quality as the imo too expensive experts.

My concrete has cost me a lot but it does form the outside of my building.

I’m lucky some of my old flooring contractors are doing my floors for free. I was a fair boss and they appreciated it. Helps I’m an ex installer.

You and kids will enjoy yourselves they can even put their initials in the wet cement.

5 Likes

Off the Newcastle till Thursday for my last scheduled chemo sessions (6th) and a 5 week break. Mrs Pete and I are heading off to the Sunshine Coast for a few days sometime in August to escape the cold and prepare for September.

8 Likes

Enjoy. It sounds so weird to hear August and cold together, but hmm, maybe not in England.

2 Likes

Darn, we will miss you - heading back tomorrow. It’s a lovely place and I’m sure you will have a great time.

3 Likes

Probably not going till after the 8th so you would’ve been long gone. Booked in at Peppers in Noosa for a week.

3 Likes

Damn my doctor doesn’t want me to go away before my transplant. So no going to the Sunshine Coast for me then.

On a positive note it appears I’m in remission.

16 Likes

That’s fantastic news @Pete_the_painter, really pleased for you. It’s a shame you won’t get a few days away, but it’s a small price to pay.

4 Likes

Well, great news really and there will be plenty of time now to enjoy holidays :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It won’t be confirmed till next month but my doctor was happy and she can plan for my transplant.

8 Likes

Thanks Iain :+1:

1 Like

Great news……shame about no holiday.

3 Likes

Great news Pete. Onwards and upwards I hope…

3 Likes

Excellent news, Pete., you guys must be elated …

2 Likes

We had an appointment with a guide today for a canyoning / hiking event. Guide did not show up. We contacted the guide. He said it was for tomorrow. We have different plans for tomorrow and guide refuses to refund (it’s our fault according to him you see - I should have read).

Contract states today. Dispute via credit card started. This kind of stuff makes me nervous.