The Grand Cafe

Very sorry to hear this Mike. It’s a wonderful piece of kit from what I’ve read here.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got a thread running about it. Hopefully Chris M will fix it, Naim have no viable service support for a 552 in NZ.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the 552 @Mike_S. I really wish there was a way to show sympathy with a post rather than like, as hitting the like button kinda feels wrong!
I really wish Naim would get things sorted for you guys down under. It really is a pops situation and I hope you can get it resolved with a minimum of fuss.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

At least a thread like this by-passes any filters and draws it to Naim’s attention

1 Like

No no Richard does pop in here regularly :grin:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Mike, hope your guy can sort it out.

Has anyone tried running a ND555 (or NDX2) into a Star or Nova. Worth it? May as well give it a go with the RCA inout - DIN has the LP12 on it. Actually might just swap DIN around for each source as a temporary thing.

Cheers Gaza, Chris will be able to fix it, hopefully parts won’t be an issue, as Naim were refusing to supply them to him….

1 Like

Thats unacceptable imo…….in the absence of a repair service they should support him and you the customer?

3 Likes

Indeed. It’s an example of commercials being more important than customers & environment.

Unacceptable and that’s why we get the Right to Repair here.

1 Like

Yep we went to having someone that not only loved the product knew all about it as well having totally confusion and complete lack of communication and service.

2 Likes

I’m not going to panic yet. Yes, the situation isn’t really acceptable, but the subject has been done to death without a resolution, and we are stuck out on a limb.

I did say to my dealer today, that I wish I had stuck with my SN2 when the distribution changed. I got tempted by good second hand deals on the 252 and then the 552/300. There are some used SN2’s for sale, but my dealer said stick it out with the Star, they will fix the 552. But really, that’s the ex-Naim guys standing up, not the current ones. I certainly wouldn’t be buying any new Naim gear.

TBH it’s very frustrating. The 552/300 is wonderful, but the brand needs to be properly supported.

3 Likes

I think NZ and Australia have been badly let down, but beating the drum has proved pointless, so all we can do is move on with whatever decision is best for us, and hope more relays don’t pop…

2 Likes

You’re right but it’s extremely disappointing

2 Likes

Might have to send it off to Naim HQ Mike if it’s something big that needs fixing

That would be a pain and expensive

1 Like

No Mike bought it second hand so there’s no chance of any warranty and tbh Chris should be able to fix it as well as anyone Naim could recommend down here. If it’s a part that Chris doesn’t happen to have surely Naim could help with that. It’s their fault it’s like it is

2 Likes

Yep but Naim and Chris not on good terms evidently

Realise there is no warranty

@Mike_S - maybe if Chris can’t fix the new Distributor Westan may be able to assist in some way ?? Surely

2 Likes

Good to see your Sondek upgrade has gone well Mike :+1:

2 Likes

Build update. Got all the panels poured and they’ll go up in two weeks, they start to form up for the concrete next Monday. Roof will go on straight after the floor, hopefully lock up by or early September.

My stay in hospital has already been delayed a week due to a world wide IV storage and a bed, date now the 9th.

6 Likes

Photos soon please Pete - cheers

2 Likes