The Grand Cafe

Not good, hope things stabilise soon , one thing comes across is that you have highly competent doctors and nurses , plus your good lady seems to be made of strong will and iron resolve

bestest wishes

Ian

6 Likes

How are things now Pete? Any good hallucinations with the high temperature :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Not much sleep I’ve had iv all night and up for a pee every hour, temp still in the mid 37s.

3 Likes

Oh, darn. You’ll be glad when all of this is behind you.

2 Likes

Thanks Ian I don’t how I could face all this without Mrs Pete’s support. She’s my nurse and my rock. Guess all that in sickness and health thingy has is coming home to roost.

10 Likes

I’ll be with you in spirit tonight Pete

4 Likes

Looks like I’ll be here till tomorrow as well my temp keeps spiking

3 Likes

Hope you get well soon Pete! :+1:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that Pete, is this due to the last chemo session?

1 Like

A combination of having the flu for almost 2 months chemo and some kind of infection. They’re not letting me home until they talk to my oncologist in the morning. Temp is now just sitting around early 37s, I’ve been getting a massive does of iv antibiotics every 6 hours.

5 Likes

Hopefully comes good Pete - pain in the b*m more than anything I suppose

So temp hovering 5 points above where it should be ?

2 Likes

I need to get to hospital if it goes over 37.5, it was around 37.8 when I got here yesterday and reached 41.8 last night. I am feeling a little better this afternoon but then it spikes again.

3 Likes

Temp dropped to 36.8 which is the lowest it’s been for last 48 hours. Hopefully this gets me out of here in the morning

10 Likes

Fingers crossed for you Pete.
I remember being held prisoner in hospital after my last brush with Endocarditis. They wouldn’t let me go until they were happy with my blood clotting level. Held me for another 6 days🙄
Let’s hope you get bailed tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t4:

5 Likes

Temp stabilised overnight doctor just waiting to talk to my oncologist before letting me go home

9 Likes

Fingers crossed for you Pete.

3 Likes

Still around the 37 mark Pete ?

No it’s been under all night, it’s currently sitting at 36.4 which is perfect. They had a few emergencies overnight which caused a few delays.

Bummer doctor is still reluctant to let me go home.

2 Likes

We’ll need to err on the caution side I guess just to be safe

Apparently I’m at too much risk and they want to know why my temp spiked. Still a chance later today but they just came around for my meals menu for tomorrow. Doh.

2 Likes