The Grand Cafe

Funny you should mention that Gazza, my wife local doctor nurses my oncologist family and friends have all lectured me about more careful. I’m laying low till the transplant and house bound for 3 months after my transplant.

6 Likes

Could you not wear a covid medical mask on the odd trip out,and not meet too many people?

2 Likes

I will be wearing a mask outside (around people) in future. I can’t get the flu again.

On a much happier note my second eldest granddaughter partner just rang and asked me if I’d let them get married (her father’s an ass hole). I haven’t stopped crying.

12 Likes

Thats wonderful.

3 Likes

Always a little light comes from somewhere Pete, this miserable tunnel is not endless mate. :wink:

5 Likes

Mrs Pete and I were only just saying that (it’s visiting hours) my day started in a bit of anxiety and has ended up on a much brighter note. I’ve still got a battle to fight but you need more good days to get through it.

13 Likes

Brilliant news Pete and something to look forward to as well. Thinking of you and hoping you get the release papers signed soon.

4 Likes

That’s great to hear Pete, a good consultant makes a massive difference, in both technical competence and in the confidence that the patient feels, thus setting a good mental state.

6 Likes

Just got parole however I’ve been warned not to reoffend. Looking forward to finally getting back home and hopefully have 4 weeks without being prodded and poked.

15 Likes

Stay off the grog Pete keep well :grinning:

4 Likes

This is very good news , you need to wear a mask :mask: and adhere to social distancing

Bestest wishes

Ian
PS sorry to lecture

4 Likes

Ha Ian Ive definitely changed and won’t be so careless. This flu has caused me no end of suffering for 2 months. It’s made an already stressful time worse than it had to be. I simply can’t do it again, cheers.

5 Likes

Yes, your immune system is as reliable as my left knee

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::face_with_thermometer::face_with_thermometer::face_with_thermometer::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

5 Likes

Next week I’m at my most vulnerable (10 days after chemo) it starts to improve a week or so later. It’s a white blood cell thing.

3 Likes

Your doctors have been down this road before, glad you have people to support and help you with the house construction

Ian

3 Likes

Had a phone hook up with them this morning and they’re on board

Last panels go up next week and they’re started to form the level 1 floor which hopefully should be finished by the end of August. We’re about 2 weeks behind but had a lot rain earlier this winter.

8 Likes

Upwards and onwards young man :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Looking good👍

2 Likes

Excellent news Pete, now make sure you follow the terms of your Parole, you want to get to September in the best health you can for that procedure🤞🏼
House is coming along nicely too. Only 2 weeks behind would be a seriously good result in the UK🤷🏻‍♂️

5 Likes

That’s a good attitude Pete, keep away from risks for a few weeks and enjoy managing the build from a safe distance. I’m thinking of you.

3 Likes