The Grand Cafe

I hope your release from captivity went well?

Best wishes

Ian
PS stay safe, stay snug

2 Likes

Feel like Iā€™ve gone from jail to home detention, but Iā€™m feeling much better thanks Ian. I did scare myself.

11 Likes

Glad youā€™re home safe Pete. Take it steady and stay safe.

3 Likes

Thanks Iain. :+1:

2 Likes

You look quite comfortable in the pic you posted in the ā€˜Pics from the listening positionā€™ thread.
Canā€™t think of a better way to serve out a house arrestšŸ˜‰
Take good care PetešŸ‘šŸ¼

2 Likes

Itā€™s been rather chilly here all day and Iā€™ll be staying in my pjs. Iā€™m also trying muster up the energy to paint but might just wait till the normal chemo hangover abates.

7 Likes

Toronto and area is going through the same type of weather this week. Itā€™s been 33Ā°, but feels like 39Ā° type of weather and I believe itā€™ll continue for another couple of days. One does get used to it and itā€™s certainly better than cold, but 25Ā° would be a lot nicer.
Weā€™ve also had a lot of rain too. Very green here ā€¦ looks like Ireland right now.
Slainte!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so good to hear Pete. I hope you feel well and you and the missus enjoy the 4 weeks off from this ordeal.
All the best ā€¦

2 Likes

Damn white blood cells. Too few, too many, Jeez ā€¦ seems like such a simple thing. Youā€™d think our bodies could get it right FFS.

4 Likes

Something lighthearted:

Weā€™re with about 50 family members on a weeks holiday. One of my younger cousins age 4 is quite a character - blessed with a loud voice.

He was in the early morning walking on the stairs and said (loudly): MUMMY, Iā€™VE BEEN VERY SILENT AND DID NOT WAKE UP ANYONE!

He is now nicknamed ā€˜Schrƶdingerā€™ in the family.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a huge family holiday, 50. Iā€™d have borrow some of the neighbours to get anywhere near that.

5 Likes

Pete, no need to worry you can fly me over to make up the numbersšŸ˜‚

3 Likes

First class of course :grin:

3 Likes

Mrs Pete bought me this for my days out.

17 Likes

Looking goodā€¦ā€¦the hose coming from above is for the wineā€¦ā€¦ā€¦perfectšŸ„ŗ

4 Likes

Sheā€™ll let you out at the great barrier riff Pete?

3 Likes

Well ā€¦ I bought a new vehicle this week. One of our Subarus died and we really need to have a dependable main vehicle. I didnā€™t want to get a gas only vehicle and I certainly didnā€™t want all electric considering her very poor electric car charging situation. So I ended up with a PHEV vehicle, a plug-in, hybrid, electric, vehicle. Itā€™s actually very cool and does around 60 to 80 km on electric power only, which basically looks after our daily driving. Weā€™ll just plug it in at night and charge it for a few dollars worth of electricity. The cost of our electricity drops to 2.8 cents per kilowatt hour between 11pm and 7am. So I donā€™t expect to be buying much petrol from here on.
Anyway, hereā€™s pic ā€¦

Except ours has the word Outlander on the front, not written in reverse.

7 Likes

Theyā€™re quite popular here as well, think a PHEV is a good option. Happy motoring.

4 Likes

Thanks Pete. I did a fair bit of research and it really does seem to be the way to go at this point. It was actually kind of a sh*tty time to have to buy a car with the whole EV and/or ICE vehicle technology in such a flux in Canada.
Ford invested billions setting up a full EV manufacturing line here in Toronto, then recently began changing it over to making ICE heavy duty trucks because consumers here arenā€™t confident enough in the electric charging infrastructure to buy that many fully EV cars.
And normally, I always buy used cars that have just come off a 3-year lease, but these days that only saves you about five grand, and the latest technology that made this Outlander the car to buy is only 2 years old.

They have been making the Outlander as a PHEV for about 6 years, but only the 23/24 year models have had what I would consider a minimum electric-only range. And quick fun fact here, Mitsubishi were the first to make PHEV vehicles back in 2013, so they actually have about the most experience doing it.

Btw, I hope itā€™s not taking too long to get over the last bout of chemo you had there, so you can get on with relaxing bit over the next 4 weeks. This must drive your wife nuts ā€¦ what a trooper she is. You can expect the stress to show up in both of you in all kinds of weird little ways. You guys seem to help each other cope with that stuff very well. Kudos.
All the best, mate ā€¦

2 Likes

Agreed re PHEV if I was looking for a new car theyā€™d be at the top of my list. We have 2 cars but I probably havenā€™t driven for a couple months apart from being full of meds Iā€™ve almost lost my confidence to drive. Hopefully after September thatā€™ll change.

Re chemo and Mrs Pete I use to drive her mad before all of this I can only imagine what itā€™s doing now. Iā€™m just taking it easy and sheā€™s even able to duck out for dinner with her friends tonight, itā€™s only about 500m from home so if something happened sheā€™s here in a flash.

4 Likes