The Grand Cafe

500 metres is a very quick drive. Sounds pretty safe … :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry guys but so pissed right now. Tried to get my 272 working after the app update but absolutely impossible! If this is the intention, that the old products should not work, then I will abandon Naim for good! :rage: (Had to relieve the pressure)

1 Like

I’m running the beta app and it took a while to find my stuff after the last update. Have you deleted it and reinstalled.

No, I just restarted several times Pete. What do you mean deleted?

Is it your app or the 272?

My app doesn’t find my 272 only my MoSo2.

Sounds like a network issue, do you multi room? If so cast from your Muso to include the 272, see if that works

2 Likes

Tried to install it manually via ip number but the new app can’t find it.

Was working today before I updated the app.

Try shutting down your wi fi leave it a few minutes and turn it back on.

Sometimes when stuff like this happens I just walk away from for while, often when you come back it’s fixed.

1 Like

Ok I’ll try tomorrow it’s the middle of the night here right now. But thanks for the help, it’s always nice to talk when you get stuck!

1 Like

Pleasant dreams. It’s a chilly but sunny day here and I’m about to go for my first walk out side in over a week.

9 Likes

Understand that it must feel liberating to be able to go out after the hospital stay, have a nice walk Pete!

2 Likes

I was having the same issue after not using my kit for about 2 years and I guess the App was updated a few times during the down time. Naim UK and Naim America finally figured it out for me.
Most modems have multiple networks: Wired 2.4 gig, Wired 5 gig, and a WiFi 5 gig.

All 3 networks were turned on and I was using the Wired connect for all my computers and my NDS, and the WiFi network for cells, tablets, and visitors cells & computers.

Naim kit and Apps do not like when there are 2 networks to choose from and will not connect. You have to turn of one of the Wired networks (rationally the 2.4), and ensure that both the Naim unit and the Naim App are using the exact same network. If you type your modem IP address into Google, the modem should come up and once you’ve accessed it you can easily change the network settings.
Hope this helps … or maybe you’ve already done all this. :thinking:

2 Likes

You don’t inevitably need to do this. It depends on the router and WiFi access point design.

A properly designed home network joins all those parts of networks together so you can run anything on anything and the Naim kit and apps always work.

2 Likes

Presumably you will be suitably attired in an NBC suit and with a 10 meter security cordon😉
Enjoy your walk and opportunity to be in the outside world again😊

3 Likes

No but I did have my mask in my pocket in case we ran into anyone we know. I was toast when I got home and needed a sleep. :grin:

6 Likes

Tried to run wirelessly and then 272 came up in the app so it’s obviously something with the network. Will try your suggestion when I get time, thanks David :+1:

3 Likes

Time, sometimes that’s all it takes. Glad you’re all good to, I use to love my 272 a very underrated pre amp.

3 Likes

I think Mrs Pete will need to fit a tracker on you😂

5 Likes