The Grand Cafe

How’s the build coming on Pete? Sorry to hear of the extra “hospitality” you will be enjoying tonight.

2 Likes

It’s happening I just haven’t see anything since early last Friday. The guys are sending photos.

2 Likes

On my way home. :grin:

24 Likes

That’s great, Pete.
I tell ya, the sh*t you have to endure really pisses me off. We’re at a point in our lives where we all should be reaping the rewards, but you’ve been short-changed.
However, I believe this process you’re going thru will end positively soon-ish, and your retirement will continue as planned.
Cheers mate.

5 Likes

David thank you for your kind words, I’m hoping after my stem cell transplant I do get to enjoy our new home and retirement. Cheers.

6 Likes

Yay!! Fingers crossed that’s it until your transplant.

3 Likes

Hooray!:partying_face:
:crossed_fingers:t3:…a few peaceful weeks now, let’s hope :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I do have a ct scan scheduled and meeting with my oncologist before hand but I’m hoping that’s all.

4 Likes

You’re an Aussie hard man young fella

All will be good in time :+1:

4 Likes

Friends have given us their holiday house at One Mile Beach in Forster (still just over an hour away from hospital) to recover for a few days. Thought we’d take advantage unseasonably warm late winter, just what the doctor ordered. :grin:

29 Likes

Send some our way please. I was looking at the Sunshine Coast forecast and it’s looking nice and warm. Another cold spell here, but picking up in a few days hopefully. We normally get better weather heading into September.

2 Likes

It’s a little cooler on the coast however next week at home we’re expecting temperatures in the mid to high 20s. Still a nice place to rest for a few days.

5 Likes

That’s excellent Pete, very nice of them. It should be good to have a little R&R in a different surrounding.
God knows, you deserve it. :star:
And great that the weather is cooperating…

4 Likes

Yes they came to visit just before I was admitted to hospital the first time, I think I scared them. Sue has known them for 30+ years they’re wonderful people it’s a very generous offer.

6 Likes

You deserve some good things happening

It sounds idyllic

Best wishes

Ian

4 Likes

Thanks Ian. :+1:

2 Likes

How fabulous.
Enjoy your decompression time in what looks to be a lovely spot. :blush:

3 Likes

I won’t be seeing any of our kids or grandkids this Father’s Day (1/9) but they did all pitch in and buy me my first ever pair of RM Williams boots. :grin:

20 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

Lovely boots Pete. And you should also get a bit of a lift from those heels too :wink:

5 Likes