The Grand Cafe

The Calvery Mater in Waratah. It use to be run by the Catholic Church but now owned and operated by NSW health

Excuse my complete ignorance Pete ( being a Kiwi) - where is Waratah ???

A suburb of Newcastle

Cheers

1 Like

Roof started today, finally getting close to lock up.

13 Likes

Will you be having a rooftop patio when it’s done?
Just a thots …

1 Like

Sounds messy, your bowls will run continuously for 3 days :flushed::flushed::flushed::poop:

Just started my high dose of chemo love the warning they give you it doesn’t exactly full you with confidence. I have another one tomorrow then apparently I’ll crash. Won’t be doing this again.

2 Likes

Is tomorrow your last one ?

Yes, I get a rest on Monday then my stem cells and blood transfusions.

Doesn’t help that the god squad knocked on my door this morning. :scream:

3 Likes

No they’ll bleed

Ah yes them !!!

I remember when I use to go over to see my 89 year bold mum in the home

They’d be there every morning virtually

As they were leaving with their backs to her she’d give them the old one finger

Character my mother was :grinning:

2 Likes

My mother got sucked in by them towards the end but it doesn’t matter as everything helps. I’ve had a few people saying they’re praying for me (including Harry) my response is always same. Happy for the help but we’ll keep going with treatment as well thanks.

4 Likes

You should be okay, you’ve got at least another 5 years to find Salavation :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I found it in a Pink Floyd album :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Had a very enjoyable catch-up with a hi-fi mate today. I took around my new record of the 1973 live recording of DSOTM at Wembley. We play it very loud through his setup of a valve pre-amp into a pair of those March (Australian) mono blocks into his self-built open baffle speakers. It was epic indeed.

4 Likes

It’s good to see that there’s still a boutique hi fi manufacturing still going on. I read a great review for another Aussie pre/power that they loved, sorry can’t think of the name but they looked spectacular. The combo was just over $20k.

1 Like

Yeah, if you have the knowledge, skills and desire for trial and error, there is definitely some great gear around at good value. That system, including the LP12 would be well under $20K. He’s an electronics technician, makes all his own boutique cables :joy:, and made his first speakers at 73. It’s the type of skills I’d liked to have learnt, but earning money through my profession and enjoying Naim gear is no hardship.

1 Like

I’m (not) enjoying an iPhone and headphones for the next few weeks. My system will sound like a full blown 500 series when I get back home.

And yes I used the boutique word just to see if anyone still bites. :grin:

3 Likes

I finally understood what those Dragon DACs and headphone thinggies are for

Ian and