The Grand Cafe

Boom!

2 Likes

Keep going Pete

3 Likes

All the best Pete. Hope itā€™s all easier from now and you can then start to reap the benefits of all your hard work.

2 Likes

Great to hear from you Pete. We are all wishing you the best and hoping for a quick recovery for you. Iā€™m sure those Aussie stem cells will start playing ball soon enough. Hang in there.

4 Likes

Cheers mate. Sounds like the procedure and debrief will be over soon.
You and the family deserve a break FCS ā€¦

2 Likes

Great to hear from you Pete. Wishing you a sound recovery.

2 Likes

My Neutrophils reached the magic number 2.0 today my immune system is now up and running. That means my body now is helping in the recovery. Apparently my platelets (I have no idea what they are) are still quite low (there are the last thing to kick back into action) and still struggling with the odd temperature spike.

However all goes well should be home next Friday. :crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

Wonderful news Pete, weā€™ll done. Up and onwards young man.

2 Likes

Itā€™s definitely been a struggle but least the worst is behind me. Ironically as I was typing that post the nurse was talking my observations and my temperature is up again. I hadnā€™t had one for 2 days.

5 Likes

I get your photo itā€™s a very Dutch view. :wink:

3 Likes

Will you need to be revaccinated or will your reprogrammed stem cells remember your previous vaccinations?
Glad you are on the mendšŸ‘

2 Likes

Good question Gazza itā€™s on our list to ask my oncologist in October. I canā€™t imagine they would remember as they virtually destroy your bone marrow.

3 Likes

Just asked as i had my first shingles jab on tuesday, then flu and covid in a week or so. But so many over the years.

1 Like

Plus thereā€™s all that nasty stuff you have when youā€™re young, polio etc. I was due for tetanus.

2 Likes

Good to hear that your bodyā€™s in your corner and now helping you fight back to a healthier you.
Fingers crossed for you to be home next weekšŸ¤žšŸ¼

2 Likes

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Great news Pete - human body is pretty amazing. Your temperature seems to rise when the nurses come for a visit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™ll let Harry know to have the full 300 series packed to deliver to you in November :grinning::+1:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a very generous offer @Bevo thank you. :grin:

Go those Swans :+1:

2 Likes

Ha ha

Surely the Swans will take it :flushed:

2 Likes

Well that was a disaster, the Swans will end up with the chokers tag. 5 grand finals in 12 years for only 2 wins. :cry: