The Grand Cafe

It’s probably not just his temperature that rises……

2 Likes

Rain not stopped play out in the fens, thought your region got a drenching?

1 Like

Some areas have been badly affected but we don’t get flooding here.
We did get some really serious rain Thursday into Friday however. The fields around us are saturated again and my lawn is growing like it’s August still🤷🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

Oh don’t say that. We have just started looking on the Suffolk/Norfolk border for a possible move back to the UK. ( Not quiet the fens but close enough).

Bruss, East Anglia is a lovely place to live.
Just avoid flood planes developments and exercise caution with riverside properties and you’ll be fine.
We’ve lived in East Anglia for 36 years, when we were in the UK & won’t live anywhere else now😊

2 Likes

My wife and I need to have a serious conversation. The seals appear to be intact - loctite seems to be good stuff.

3 Likes

I think Wisbech got a lot of rain, Brundall had flooding…….i think it’s something we need to get used to. I know when we move i will try and find somewhere not vulnerable………but even that local dry ditch can flood?

1 Like

Wisbech is our nearest town and yes, we got a lot of rain around. :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

2 Likes

It’s not only dry ditches that can flood. Our drive has a drain in the centre of it and it’s connected to the public rainwater sewer in the street. This isn’t allowed these days but used to be how rainwater was dealt with when our house was built. We are half way down a hill and one day when I turned the car into the drive, I could see there was a 50 cm column of water spouting upwards from this drain.

A few hours later and the whole front garden was under several cm of water. We summoned the water company and they sandbagged our front door and pumped the water out into the street.

It turned out that the rainwater sewer had collapsed about 100m down the hill from us and so we had all the rainwater from the 20 or so houses up the road from us coming out of our drain. Fortunately this wasn’t the foul sewer, which wasn’t damaged.

Anyway it took them a few days to expose the problem area and then several weeks to repair the road again after they had fixed it.

2 Likes

Ouch, we have seen the local pumping station/foul water sewer in the village next to me to be overwhelmed by flood waters coming from the nearby Downs , this has produced a flood of sewage that went into a nearby chalk stream .

I would ask no forum member to comment on this

2 Likes

:joy: stop it

1 Like

Can’t believe that result - what a shambles that was

They use to call the All Blacks the chokers in WRC’s but yes the Swans may have taken the cake on that one

I don’t mind getting beaten it’s getting flogged that p*ss me off. Maybe time to change the coach.

1 Like

There’s a chance that I may be released today, if not the latest appears to be Friday. I am looking so forward to a home cooked meal and sleeping in my own bed without someone waking me every 4 hours. :grin:

18 Likes

Take it easy Pete, hope they do🤞🏽

2 Likes

Hang in there Pete, parole is coming mate😉

2 Likes

Ringing the bell, a little worse for wear and what’s left of my beard.

On my way home.

Not sure how much time this has bought me but I’ll be p*ssed if it isn’t at least 5 -8 years but it has given me hope. Won’t find out what my maintenance schedule is till I meet with my oncologist late October. It will probably include chemo session every 3 or 6 months.

Something I’ll never take for granted though is how privileged I am to live in a country that this was all covered by our national health system and not based on wealth or social status. I can only imagine countries where free health care isn’t available and the decision people have to make about life and death.

Big shout out to the wonderfully nurses they were funny compassionate caring and professional, don’t know what they’re paid but they’re worth more.

Also I’d like to thank everyone for their support. Cancer is by nature very personal battle regardless of how many good people you have around you it’s something you just after get through it on your own. However it is made easier though with help of family friends and well wishes.

Apparently I have the immune system of a one year old so I still need to be cautious. Now time to recover, exercise, paint and get our damn building finished.

47 Likes

Well done Pete👍

5 Likes

That’s a very infectious smile you have there Pete! Very best wishes for the next part of your journey back to your future!

4 Likes

Wonderful news Pete.

3 Likes