The Grand Cafe

Take care Pete.

DG…

3 Likes

Haven’t had a coffee at the Cafe for a little while, so somewhat catching up….

Good news Pete….Seems a lot must have unfolded since we last spoke, but I’m glad to see you with a smile on your face…such a nice feeling for you to be heading home I have no doubt….Some music, painting and generally being ‘at home’ should hopefully keep you in good spirits……

Will drop you a line…
Best, SC

2 Likes

Bloody brilliant news Pete. So glad you are out the other side and going home. I’m sure Mrs Pete will be glad to have you home, just don’t expect the same lever of service you got from the amazing nurses.

3 Likes

Have you plans to pick the dog up you posted some time back?

1 Like

A steak and a glass of Langmeil perhaps?

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Excellent news Pete

Give your hearing time to settle then send your cheque to Harry for the 300 system, I reckon he’ll be happy to drive 4 hours to deliver :crazy_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

He’s current owner was bring him up this weekend to see if he is a good fit but Sue has postponed it till the weekend of the 27th

2 Likes

Excellent news Pete. Time to get the system warmed up again before Bevo & Harry deliver your new one.
Such generous blokes…:wink:

4 Likes

Congratulations Pete on staying the course. Looking forward to many more interactions over the years to come! You are a great bloke.

2 Likes

I was only thinking about you the other day, good to see you’re still around.

2 Likes

And you…!
Impromptu break from the forum turned into longer than perhaps intended…Good to have a break from certain noise I guess… :wink:
Only popped in to see if there were any posts/info re the upcoming Focal announcement, got sidetracked reading the Naim Radio update stuff and then of course came to the Cafe….Haven’t read back yet as it will probably take me 3 months…!

Hoping you’ve got your system warming up and have your feet up…I’m guessing a nice glass of something may be off the home menu for now…? :slightly_frowning_face:

Take it easy mate,
SC

2 Likes

Had fish and chips in Newcastle beside the harbour for lunch and just finished a bacon egg and cheese sandwich, don’t know why but I’ve been hankering for one for about 2 weeks.

Now looking forward to night’s sleep in my own bed without someone waking me every 4 hours.

12 Likes

Did you have Vegemite with that…?! :rofl:

2 Likes

No that’s tomorrow I mean to be in a high protein diet.

2 Likes

Sounded very delicious until you got to the Vegemite :nauseated_face:
When will Mrs Pete (from here on to be known as Matron) be allowing you to visit the site?

3 Likes

Steak and Langmeil

2 Likes

There’s only a ladder to the second floor and she’s warned me, the builders and friends she’ll rip their nuts out if they allow me anywhere near the site.

4 Likes

Did ask the doctor about having a beer or wine, definitely in moderation but wait a week or two. :grin:

5 Likes

Wishing you well, Pete! :+1:

2E83EF75-F59E-46D3-A4F4-C2EB4297A8B7_1_105_c

5 Likes

Glad to see you up and about Pete !!!

2 Likes