The Grand Cafe

Great pic Pete, good to see you back on your feet.

3 Likes

Fantastic news Pete. And a photo of a fantastic guy, beard or no beard.

Well done Pete.

3 Likes

Obviously Iā€™m not allowed but these were taken by Mrs Pete the other day. Roof almost complete and just waiting till the concrete has set before the scaffolding can be removed down stairs. Skylights and solar tubes installed sometime later this month. Level partition will start in about 2 weeks. Things are happening but weā€™re not going to hit our Christmas target and now aiming for Easter. :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Wow Pete ā€¦ just wow. This is excellent news. Youā€™ve had to endure a lot to get to this point and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll pay off well. Youā€™re lookinā€™ good, all things considered.
Very glad to hear youā€™ll be at home and much more comfortable. I guess thereā€™ll be a bit of time getting your strength back. That will make you feel better.
Cheers mate.

2 Likes

Light at the end of the tunnel (and itā€™s still earth!)

6 Likes

Skylights and solar tubes will be installed later this month.

3 Likes

Wowzer

1 Like

Itā€™s all looking very IMPRESSIVE!!:flushed:
How many Sq Mtrā€™s overall is it Pete?

1 Like

About 300m2 each floor however that includes outdoor spaces on level 1 and the garage on ground.

5 Likes

Strewth, any garden ?

Thatā€™s a helluva lot of flooring , I am sure you know someone good who can do that

best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Its got a nice modern, but retro feel. I somehow feel Pete is hiding something in the basement. Thunderbirds are goā€¦ā€¦:wink:
IMG_1680

6 Likes

Weā€™ll have a small cottage type garden on the veranda at the back. Tbh I did want a low maintenance lifestyle.

Re the size itā€™s a lot bigger than we expected but thereā€™s still a few surprises. We (well not me) are tapping out the interior walls next week so if we need any changes they can be done before the framing starts.

3 Likes

Excluding those 2 spaces you mention and your studio area , how many metres for the ā€œhomeā€ so to speak Pete?

Still pretty expansive I think ?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure and tbh I havenā€™t got the strength to work it out. I donā€™t know about expansive but itā€™s damn expensive.

I do have to do our lighting plans soon so Iā€™ll get back to you with the m2.

1 Like

Pool and terrace on the roof surely!

2 Likes

All good Pete - just interested

I live in pretty small spaces these days which Iā€™ve really got use to , I reckon Iā€™d be clattering around in yours

1 Like

I havenā€™t been on level one and wonā€™t until the stairs go in. However Mrs Pete thought our bedroom was a bit smaller than she expected

1 Like

No pool thereā€™s a beautiful public pool 100ms down the road. As for the terrace we did consider it and we have council approval but it caused too problems. Apart from cost it meant we needed a commercial lift at a cost of at least $130ks.

1 Like

For those in the low southern hemisphere or thinking of visitingšŸ˜‚

7 Likes

Lol!
Iā€™m not too bothered re spiders, snakes or sharksā€¦.more the di*kheads in 4WD that sit on your arse in a 60 zoneā€¦!
Think Iā€™ve said it before, but Iā€™ve lived here near on 15yrs and yet to see a snakeā€¦!

Far more likely to die on the roads here I reckonā€¦! I get more and more apprehensive everytime I go out in the carā€¦
What really gets my goat though, is that everyone seems to drive like utter loons in built up areas and 40/60k zones, yet on open roads they sit there at 109km/h like their life depended on it ā€“ sh*t scared of getting a ticket from the money grabbing speed cams hidden in the bushesā€¦ā€¦itā€™s the only time I like to open the throttle on the JCW, but every dumb ass in everything from a Prado to those silly - not to mention slow - GT Mustangs sits there rigidly blocking the outer laneā€¦.! :triumph:
Sorry, rant overā€¦!

SC

4 Likes