The Grand Cafe

This is a man who’s job is milk venomous snakes to make antidote

Ti Ti Bay, between Paihia and Waitangi, in the Bay of Islands. Where’s Forster?

An hour east from here (mid north coast NSW).

3 Likes

He’s a professional and without he’s work they’d be a lot more deaths from snake bites. The guy (and women) that milk the funnel web spiders have a tougher job. :grin:

1 Like

On occasion he has to catch them …

No brave members of the public catch them and deliver them to specific locations.

A different country then :joy:, not quite an hour away……

Well not from you. :grin:

1 Like

Glad she enjoyed Mike, hope you’re all enjoying your holiday.

School holidays here too, I’m venturing to Sydney (masked of course) to lay low and catch up with our eldest son daughter in law and a couple of the grandkids.

3 Likes

Less damaging but quite effective is a small potato or apple pushed into the exhaust pipe(s) - also quicker and doesn’t need keys for access. Can’t start the engine with that there.

3 Likes

So where are you Pete ?

At home, I’ve had a couple of rough days with temperature spikes. Thankfully we’ve been able to manage them.

Oh I thought you were taking off - rest up don’t push yourself

1 Like

First 3 days at home I never got out of the 36s, I’m struggling to stay in the 37s now. We spoke to the hospital this morning and they believe it’ll pass soon. I do of course have to return if it gets to 38.5. So far I haven’t reached 38.

7 Likes

That’s excellent Mike, must have been a fun show(s).
Our kids are all growed up now and I miss some of the events like those.

2 Likes

Well, I really hope your temperature stays down. Sounds like it’ll be fine.

2 Likes

On my back to hospital in Newcastle, not sure if I’ll be admitted but been having temperature spikes all day. Stable now but we’ve decided it’s not worth the risk. :frowning:

6 Likes

Bgger. Rest easy for a while Pete, if they let you back out. Cancel any trips until you have stabilised. Take care.

7 Likes

Very wise Pete, let’s hope it’s a minor setback and quickly remedied.
Take good care mate.

6 Likes

Hope all goes well

Best wishes

Ian

4 Likes