The Grand Cafe

Thanks David, I have to take care as I have no option. :grin:

5 Likes

Great news Pete

2 Likes

Back home now, had some spare time, so put down a brew - a strong red ale :sunglasses::beer:

4 Likes

I havenā€™t had a beer or glass of wine for almost 2 months. My GP told me this morning that the odd drink wouldnā€™t be a problem. Still might wait a week or two though.

Thereā€™s nothing like being home.

11 Likes

Glad to hear youā€™re back out on Parole Pete.
Letā€™s hope you can stay the course this timešŸ˜‰

1 Like

Now Iā€™m under house arrest for 3-4 months. Fck Iā€™m going to run wild in autumn. :grin:

9 Likes

The time will pass, aided by Langmeil, good music, some painting and the cricket season must be starting soon

And Sue will see that doctorā€™s orders are obeyed.

My very best wishes

Ian

6 Likes

@Pete_the_painter

Having a few at London Hotel Balmain

Pete I think you know it well and you were married in Church opposite :grinning:

8 Likes

Sure was, and had drinks before and after at the London. Still a great pub but god itā€™s got expensive.

Use to love sitting on those tractor seats out the front watching the world go by

2 Likes

The tractor seats have been replaced by supposedly new supa dupa ones for the new generation - like me ha :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Lost a bit of charm in my opinion

1 Like

You look younger than I thought you would - must be the Kiwi stock.

2 Likes

I try hard mate - doing OK for 74.5 years ( I now count every month , one never knows ) :grinning:

5 Likes

I might add us south islanders always look a bit younger than you north islanders :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I just got a second hand tv which is going to reside in the gardenhouse once Iā€™ve a bit time to hang it - or find a suitable table stand.

Itā€™s only 55 inch, but almost 40kg.

@AlexP this is my next step in the Loewe world.

5 Likes

Wall mount it, thereā€™s lots of options and kits available

2 Likes

It came with the standard wall mount, Iā€™m going to try it.

2 Likes

@Mike_S

It appears you are correct.

3 Likes

Funny how things can change so quickly, Iā€™m surprised by how good I feel. I do run out of steam early afternoon but no more temperature spikes, lack of energy is still a problem. Between all my treatment the worst thing I had was the flu A it put me hospital 3 times, once my temperature was over 40c.

Hope you guys in the north take care these flus are apart of life now and youā€™re coming into winter. Interestingly covid as already killed over 500 in NSW this year however it hardly gets mentioned now.

Mrs Pete needs some time so Iā€™m cooking and cleaning up tonight. The last 4 months have been pretty hard on her.

13 Likes

Itā€™s wonderful that it would seem you are finally coming out the other side.
Continue to take care of yourself and Mrs Pete until you get your full immune system and your strength back.
You did have us all a bit worried there for a while.

5 Likes

About 4 weeks ago I had myself scared too. We were always warned about how bad it could be.

Iā€™m not doing anything in a hurry for a while or taking any chances.

5 Likes