The Grand Cafe

Would be whisky if it were Scotland (but whiskey if it were Ireland)…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Looks like it’s already been eaten once.

4 Likes

That’s funny, but it is good for your cholesterol levels and a lot better for you than those sugary mass produced cereals

1 Like

Except for the brown sugar!

No brown sugar, just a bit of honey.

Sweet.

I was told honey is just as bad as sugar … as both raise your blood sugar levels.
Bettter off with some sliced/diced fresh fruit … and made with water !!

1 Like

Oh no not honey. Everything gives you cancer, apparently.

2 Likes

Isn’t it essentially the same thing? Maybe only 99% pure or something close.

Although I dislike this qualification of foods into bad and good. Fat is bad, but a diet without fat is just as bad. Fruit is good, but too much fruit (acid & sugar) isn’t great either.

Don’t make it black and white, just use common sense and moderation.

3 Likes

Mea Culpa… :frowning:

My cadio/physio guy recommended manuka honey on my morning porridge. Then I found out how much it cost! As I say, I make do with a spoonful of jam instead :wink:

1 Like

Totally agree, and over the years have learned that knowing how your body processes the food you eat makes it that much easier to decide on what to consume. All in moderation of course and definitely no processed stuff !!

What do you define as “processed stuff”? I presume refined sugar, so you only eat food containing molasses, refined flour, so you only eat whole grain (though arguably even whole grain flour has been processed!), no starch products, no meat stock, no yeast or vegetable extract, no alcoholic drinks, no sauces of any sort, etc etc…

1 Like

Have you guys DownUnder gone into hibernation ? I know it’s already Autumn, but still a bit early :sunglasses:

No got a house full of grandkids that are keeping Mrs Pete and I busy.

It has got a little cold it’s expected to drop to single figures tonight.

1 Like

I was 100 km south of Sydney on the weekend

I could feel the winds coming through from the South Pole

Gone now, a beautiful day it was in Sydney today

It’s been hot here the last two days, but rained cats and dogs on Saturday (60mm) - had cabin fever!

I’m still recovering from the last few teasers…

1 Like

All good expected to be 25c tomorrow after a cool start.