The Grand Cafe

I’m resting after a week of 4 under 6 year olds (and their parents), there’s a reason why your meant to have kids when your young. They’re energy vampires.

1 Like

The technology has moved quite fast. If I was starting again, a simple setup of a streamer and a Quobuz account would be enough, and rip any CDs from bands that don’t stream to my iMac. When I got the Core 3 years ago, a ripped CD was well ahead of Tidal. Now with Quobuz and hi-res, it’s almost switched that around.

1 Like

The only downside from switching to Qobuz is that when you were playing an album from your server the app would show you suggestions underneath with Tidal, I don’t get that from Qobuz.

Almost Mike ? But not quite ?

1 Like

Quite possibly, I’m not sure.

• good morning / afternoon / evening.
2 Likes

How’s your holiday going. Still doing things around the house?

It’s a bit out of hands. Thursday the gardener starts to renovate the front garden. I’ve bought fencing which we will use somehow to restrict the free movement of the chickens a bit. Difficult part of the kitchen is also painted, but I have no approval yet for a new oven.

Old oven:

Glass is damaged. I could repair it but it just looks too old compared to the painted parts of the kitchen.

We are also planning a garden house (different topic) but that gets really difficult compared to maintenance to the existing house.

And negotiations still ongoing with my ex employer for a new job. I would like to get back there but since I’m eu member I have no uk work permit anymore.

And one more thing to add, I have no weekly headaches anymore, maybe I was to stressed which is now cured.

2 Likes

Lack of headaches has to be a good thing. It’s the problem with owning a house there’s always something to do.

2 Likes

Almost certainly. The effects of stress are very under estimated. Glad it’s behind you.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve simplified my life a bit and that has helped.

1 Like

Didn’t know where else to put this, amazing true news story how a TV Game Show helped a woman speak again.

1 Like

Great story, I generally read the BBC news and missed that.

1 Like

Finished painting the large front French-door with side panels and one of the 4-panel bedroom windows. 2 out of 17 :scream:. It’s the school holidays, had a walk to the playground with the girls, spa is next.

1 Like

Good man that’s going to keep you busy. I’ve just finished removing my mothers ringing wet carpet that she flooded last week.

School finished today here thank heavens all the little darlings are back at school.

1 Like

@BruceW I must apologise for what seemed an insensitive reply to your post on What You’ve Done in Past 24 Hours thread. I responded while attempting to walk the dog and misread your post completely. I thought it was about you resuming county cricket, not the loss of a member.

I’ve deleted it and hope you except my apology.

No problem Pete I realised you’d sort of missed the gist of my post

Thanks anyway for the message.

Skipton Church Institute CC (est 1882) are delighted to be mistake for a County ground!

1 Like

I felt like a dck when I read it (properly) this morning. Cheers. :+1:

How many shoes does your wife keep in storage, Mike? Or do you use the space for Naim boxes? 17 doors that’s quite a space.