The Grand Cafe

We have a regular (though extended a few times) 1960’s kiwi timber bungalow, about 200 sqm (2,000 Sq.Ft). 17 external windows and doors to paint, excluding 5 aluminum ones and 2 fixed timber ones about to replaced with aluminum opening ones in the storage/workshop behind the garage.

I’m tired just thinking about it. But I’ve done the urgent ones pre-winter and will try to get a couple more in with what paint is available when Miss Mike is back at school after the holidays.

1 Like

Is that at Rutherglen Pete? Brilliant painting.

I’m not sure I just pulled them off the net. There’s a whole series of silo art in most states now.

Anyways, my dealer called to say that my 252/SC is all boxed up and ready for couriering to me. Where going away for a few days, so it will be here after the Anzac holiday.

He can’t get info from Salisbury about delivery of the new 250, so I’ll be going random and run the 252 through the power amp stage of the SN2 :flushed:

3 Likes

I am worried about MPW India is having such a bad time with COVID

1 Like

That’s good news. :+1:

2 Likes

Picking up on the Chateau D’Arse theme from the jokes thread I present a natural sequel.

Purchased from the local supermarket this afternoon.

1 Like

Hifi comment, warning:

I’ve replaced my Cardas din din interconnect by the standard lavender din din, and suddenly I like my simple Cd5i CD player.

2 Likes

My grandfather bought a large rural villa back in the days. All his sons in law were instructed to come and do the maintenance of the French doors at the outside of the house.

There was just one son in law though and that’s my father.

Granddad & dad are both alive and more or less friends now. How things changed over time.

1 Like

Away for a few nights to relax :sunglasses:

Next week it’s the 252/SC project.

4 Likes

Lucky you I’ve just spent the last 2 days cleaning up mothers place and ripping up wet carpet and replacing it. How someone can fit so much furniture into a one bedroom flat she probably can’t even see the floor. Think there was more than is in my 3 story house.

I’m getting too old for this stuff.

Good news re your amp/ps, will you be able to use them without the 250?

1 Like

I know the feeling, and I think you have a few years on me. My mum is 84 and lives on her own, just around the corner. She has a lad who mows her lawns and does some of the maintenance jobs - I have trouble keeping up with our own home.

Yes, I’ll run the 252 through the SN2 in power amp mode until the 250 arrives. I can’t even get an expected time frame for the 250. I’m picking it may be 4 to 6 months, which at least means I can save up for it.

You might get it just in time before they replace it. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I expect that will may well be the case :flushed:

1 Like

I’m thinking to start a topic about electricity use. I’ve analyzed our consumption over the last two years and apparently we use a whopping 400 kWh per month.

The last year we’ve been at home mostly, an average of 6 PCs running constantly, heating always on (gas). Now looking to bring down the bill. Gas and electricity costs us an average 280 Euros per month. Well that’s for 6 people and in a detached house.

We’ve just installed 27 solar panels I’m hoping they reduce our staggering electricity bill.

Do you have electric heating?

We have gas and reverse air con, the gas heater gets a bit of a workout in winter. We don’t get the same cold you guys get and we don’t use the air con to cool the house in summer as most days we get a cool sea breeze.

Pete, when I had my relations over from Sydney three years ago I was staggered at what they spent on energy when you take into account of your climate.

My quarterly energy bill is almost a $1000, we have dinosaurs running the place.