The Grand Cafe

Anyway you must be getting nervous, the first nail to the coffin of your Bledisloe Cup loss is only a day and a half way.

I’ve also asked Harry to throw in a streamer for you so you can listen to your digital files as they were intended rather than as an expensive lump of plastic on your turntable.

1 Like

Wrong on both counts :smiley::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They have military applications too….

Ask Harry if he’s played the Side of the Moon LP I gave him and if so how did he think it sounded.

He’s just dropped me back in Balmain - quick trip

Didn’t come from me so don’t dob me in - the eagle(s) has landed

Getting them next weekend (24th). Can’t ask him to drive all the way up here, I’m not that kind of guy.

1 Like

Great news Pete, that will be exciting.

1 Like

I’m currently thinking about whether to repurpose my old A60 that is sitting in a draw in the garage along with the Alpha 7SE CD player, and I also have an unused Heed DAC. I currently have a Uniti2 set up there. Wondering whether to move the Uniti2 on and use the old gear as a retro system, but with adding a modern network transport to add streaming from Roon and multi-rooming with Airplay 2 from the big screen in the next room. Lots of permutations of options to choose from and I don’t like having un-used gear hanging around. I could even flip to a used Star that’s for sale here and sell all the other stuff.

Doing nothing is probably easier……

1 Like

IKEA — oh dear :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve still got a Muso gen 1 unboxed as there’s no real place to use at present and my Atom is only being used with the tv. I do t want to part with them as I’ll need them once we build.

I’ll have a very large pair Royd speakers that’ll more than likely to go into storage at the end of the month, I will try and move them along. Problem is there’s not a lot of folk who are will to make space for a full system these days.

Where would you use this system Mike ? Got the space ?

Cheers

1 Like

It’s our garage, that is used as a games room. It’s next to the office/music room with the main rig, so multi-rooming is desirable. It’s like this at the moment and is with old AR 22BX speakers - my first hi-if system was the A60, Arcam and those speakers along with the Rega 3 that I still have.

3 Likes

The Billie Eilish albums a cracker.

1 Like

Keep the retro stuff Mike - always good to look back occasionally and reflect on when music came into one’s life

2 Likes

Agreed I wished I’d kept some of my old CB and Olive stuff but I probably could have upgraded as much as I did without trading it in.

I agree, so my question to myself is do I set it up and use it with a modern streamer and move the Uniti2 on. Or swap them around. So many permutations it gets confusing. As an example, I could probably sell the Uniti2 and add a decent network transport, add my Heed DAC and use the A60 and CD player, for no overall cost.

Yep - love my CB gear - in the big picture owes me nothing and still sounds pretty good

1 Like

Like your example - makes sense

1 Like

There’s even a local electronics shop that re-caps A60’s :sunglasses:

Perfect

I remember the A60 - great little amp

1 Like