The Grand Cafe

Some times the old trucks are easier to get going again than some of these newer ones with computers and software galore. Certainly a learning experience for them, glad its sortedšŸ‘

Think theyā€™re as lucky theyā€™re driving a Toyota, their 4x4s are more common than anything else. The wait time if they had got a salvage part would have been 6 to 8 weeks. It also means I donā€™t have to drive over 3,000kms in my temporary Chinese ute. :grin:

2 Likes

The advantage of an old landroverā€¦ all you need is a 13mm/1/2" spanner and a hammer to fix anything :wink:

JC that sounds a damn long drive - good luck.

Glad you didnā€™t say a new Landrover

1 Like

Iā€™ll wager part of you was looking forward to that drive !:wink:

1 Like

Youā€™re correct, firstly it would have been a pleasure to ā€œrescueā€ my granddaughter (I love her to bits) secondly I would have had an opportunity to see a part of Aus I havenā€™t yet. The bit I wouldnā€™t have liked is driving our current temporary car (Chinese 4x4 ute) as itā€™s a slug.

2 Likes

Of course if you had a ā€œproperā€ new defender you could just go as the crow flies, cut cornersā€¦ā€¦ā€¦and get rescued yourselfšŸ˜

2 Likes

Funny I have a friend who has one he loves it, so far heā€™s had no problems. Iā€™m still waiting on new Ford Everest to be delivered you canā€™t put in a good word for me. :grin:

No needā€¦.ex Ford director when we owned LRā€¦ā€¦.they like doing their own thing at LR, nuff said. The Ford guys in Oz do a great job on Everest/Rangerā€¦ā€¦.they stayed up all night to talk to us in UK and US to get the job doneā¤ļø

Itā€™s getting rave reviews here, problem is they keep delaying it release. Was meant to be August and was put back till today but it seems theyā€™re missed that as well. Weā€™ve had ours ordered since July and delivery wonā€™t be till February.

1 Like

Probably supplier park problems at the Thailand plantā€¦ā€¦the sequencing of deliveries from overhead conveyor linesā€¦ā€¦just in time is amazing to see. But of course does not help youšŸ˜„

Trouble is Mrs Pete wonā€™t get over me selling her Merc while sheā€™s the LDV ute. :rofl:

1 Like

Are the speakers any closer to arriving @Pete_the_painter?

Pick them up next weekend, so they should be up and running on Monday week. Also it seems Witch Hat have completed my Morgana XLR cable but I still donā€™t know if itā€™s been dispatched. Think they probably need to revise the way they communicate with customers, the odd email keeping you in the loop might save them a lot of hassle.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great news and I agree about WHā€™s communication - it starts off firing when you make an enquiry and then drops right off after they have your money. Iā€™ve still no idea when the Morgana is coming.

In other news, the Superlumina speaker jumpers are finally in the post from Canada, and the second hand Star might even be here today going by the courier tracking.

2 Likes

Happy days, the Star should be fun.

I did ask Witch Hat if they needed a connect/distributor here but they werenā€™t interested. The cables look good theyā€™re great value but they just need to get that customer service thing right. People just need reassurance that things are happening.

2 Likes

I must have missed your SL and Star purchases Mike

But donā€™t you have a Nova?

1 Like

Ah, yes the SL jumpers are used and I found a set for sale on-line when I had a thread running about speaker jumpers for systems where you use the SL speaker wire.

The second hand Star was an opportunity purchase and will replace the Uniti2 in the little games room (garage) that is next to the listening room/office. I procrastinated quite a bit about how to get that system best set up to interface with the music, TV and Blu-ray set-up from the NDX2 set-up in the next room and decided that getting everything onto the same modern streaming platform was the best way to go. Now we can watch the big TV whilst playing pool and have surround sound (well surround sterna :sunglasses:). It just gets it all very tidy and Pete had thought the Atom was a step up from his Uniti2, but it was just a good deal came up on the Star and I quite like the idea of playing CDs on it, as all the CDs are on shelves in the games room. Hopefully selling of the Uniti2 and my spare Heed stuff will cover most of the cost (the used market is a bit quite here at the moment).

1 Like

Good one , I bought my brother a Star and he loves it

Did you keep your little A60 amp ?

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s still here. Would make a nice amp for Miss Mike when sheā€™s older.

1 Like