The Grand Cafe

There is a substantial cathedral , much favoured by Smersh

1 Like

Well more shopping, a city guided tour and of course the Cathedral. The latter is where Rick Wakeman performed for Roy Georges retirement bash.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll enjoy that however I do think sheā€™s more of a retail kind woman. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Gazza.:+1:

Leave about five to seven days .

The lakes are lovely . If it was me , I might take the train to Liverpool and hire a car from an outlet that lets you return it to another outlet in ( say ) Edinburgh

You will need a hire car for the Lakes . The Lake District to Edinburgh is a straight road .

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

We normally train up the East coast to Edinburgh, hire a car at the end of that stay, and drive via the western coast down to the Lakes (Liverpool is easy from the Lakes). Then you need a plan as to where to drop the car offā€¦.

1 Like

I went from London to Salisbury Pete and stayed a night , I think best way to do and can visit the Cathedral which is magnificent

On train I might add

Lots of options for sure. So, a detour could be in order. London to Salisbury, then to Bath via Stonehenge and Avebury, then head toward Gloucester via Cirencester, then the M6 to Liverpool. Lotā€™s of history and very expensive shops.

Iā€™ll have a look that, thanks Mike (I wonā€™t mention the lots of shops to Mrs Pete though, she doesnā€™t need any encouragement).

1 Like

I went by train London to Salisbury and then to Cardiff to watch the ABs get smashed by France in 2007 in WC Qtr final

From Cardiff trained it to Glasgow and onto Edinburgh

Bath is a great option love that place , been there a few times . A famous American actor ( name just escapes me Iā€™ll get it shortly in my brain) had a lovely place there and guess what he had a top naim system in those days. Peteā€™s favourite artist Van Morrison :grinning:also had a place there and stayed quite often drinking red wine in one of the squares

The UK is wonderful to travel around by train, itā€™s fantastic, never had any issues , the network is very extensive

Iā€™ve sold my Uniti2 and its boxed up ready for the courier tomorrow. Off to a new happy Naim home, which is always pleasing. Just after I boxed it up, I had an email that my spare Heed gear was sold too. So, thatā€™s tomorrowā€™s job. A really good outcome all round.

4 Likes

Flushed with cash then Mike :crazy_face:

1 Like

Think itā€™s your shout Mike.

2 Likes

Except I bought the Star firstā€¦

3 Likes

The way the pound is falling you will be able to have a chauffeur and buy the whole of the UK a pintšŸ„ŗ

2 Likes

Noticed that but it never sinks much against our humble underrated Aus dollar unfortunately.

1 Like

Cheaper Naim inports for us though!

1 Like

Ha ha best of luck

We were in the States about 10 years ago and their dollar was worth 1.05 of ours. It was wonderful, usually itā€™s worth about about 0.75 cents. Shopping and eating out was easy and we didnā€™t need a calculator.

3 Likes