The Grand Cafe

Sensational Mike good on you

Won’t get the Spectre till January/February. But I’ll certainly let you know how they go.

The Arctic storm has just hit here. Fire is pumping and winter has another unwelcome kick in its tail.

2 Likes

It’s weird, apparently we’re expecting flooding and rain for the next few days as well. Fcking worlds gone mad. :grin:

Good thing is it just gives me an excuse to stay inside and listen to some music, loving my new speakers.

5 Likes

Are you affected by the big storms @Pete_the_painter?

1 Like

Not yet it’s been Sydney and the south of the state. We are expecting some rain and flooding later today.

1 Like

Strangely haven’t had too much in the Highlands so far - half a day pretty hard falls

More coming evidently

Nowhere is going to miss this.

2 Likes

Bloody hell here it comes

1 Like

Batten down the hatches, turn the music up lads.

2 Likes

Done :+1:

1 Like

I hope you guys stay safe.

1 Like

We’re fine and luckily we seem to be just missing most of it.

How’s your recovery going?

1 Like

Slow but steady Pete. I can now walk up and down stairs on my own (inside), I’m much more mobile than I was, albeit still with a frame until I recover some of the core strength I lost before I went into hospital. I’ve got most of my in-house independence back, so it’s slow, but very definite and important progress.

8 Likes

Good to hear, looking forward to you being back to your best. I do miss the glimpses of that wonder decanter of yours. :grin:

2 Likes

That’s really nice to hear, great to have all these steps towards recovery.

4 Likes

Stay safe, stay snug .

1 Like

I’m listening to my new star on the main rig whilst the NDX2 is away for repair. A slightly hi-end arrangement for a Star: Powerline, EE8 switch, a couple of Ground Arrays and Superlumina speaker cables.

The thing is, it sounds really good. I’m sure when the NDX2 returns and the 252/250 fires up, that will be quite a step up. But, I do wonder as the main rig is almost 7 times the cost…. It feels hard sometimes to rationalise that cost.

Mike it’s best not to think of these things. :grin:

2 Likes

It does show show how good the Unitits are for the price though. And the use-ability is much better, especially the volume control,

It’s going to be very interesting if a Nova styled pre/streamer and matching power amp comes along, and how that will compare against the classic separates.