The Grand Cafe

That’s funny I do too. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation :+1::crazy_face:

1 Like

Well you did have one of the best cd players ever made, you still play CDs and you sold it. Frankly I think you should see a shrink.

1 Like

This is what a 6 level Fraim would look like in my system (white box on top is a pre). The other option is another Fraim base where the TT is and stick to 5 levels on the Fraim. All theoretical of course.

2 Likes

So do I , I must book myself in

Unfortunately though the one in Balmain is a Aussie so he will no doubt give me the wrong advice :grinning::grinning:

I think I might look for a less complicated dac, the one Bevo mentioned earlier is definitely worth a look.

The problem going down the nDAC route is all the things I mentioned above.

Or you being a kiwi just won’t listen.

Anyway there’s a good one in Annandale I saw her after I lost my dog (Jackson not Diesel) my best friend and my brother all within 12 months of each other.

IMO there are some better options for getting more out of your system, including the NDX2, some of which are verbatim.

If you can get the Gieseler Kompakt Pete I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be disappointed

From memory I think I saw on his site they are $1,200 ? If you don’t like he will refund as strong demand

Very occasionally they come up second hand on stereonet

Mike I’ve spent more on cables and racks in the last 5 years than I’d spent on everything else before it (electronics).

1 Like

Yep $1.200 plus free delivery and a 2 year warranty

Email him, nothing to lose

As I said my mate has your audiolab with Kompakt and it sounds great

Or maybe we both have cloth ears, we are kiwis ha @Mike_S - apologies mate only
Joking

1 Like

That’s usually cause your heads a stuck in sheep bums. On that note I have to vacate the house before all these idiots turn up. They’ll never sell the place with me sitting on the lounge as they come in, not really the first impression they’d want.

When I got my 250 DR I had a full Fraim level ordered to go on top for the turntable, that order fell over with the change in dealers, but would have looked like this;

4 Likes

Mike you’re very honoured you managed to get a like out @Bevo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Apart from the streamer ha ha :smiley:

1 Like

Well, anyway I think I established that a 6 level rack will look fine :sunglasses:

I’m not sure if I like a 6 level Fraim, it seems to be unbalanced in my eyes.

1 Like

Hm, yes, I’m inclined to prefer 5 levels, as it’s more elegant. 6 is a bit tower-like.

@Pete_the_painter

Might get away with 6 levels if the speakers are the same height as top of rack including top of equipment

But I’m not a fan of 6 levels , too much imo

I have standmount speakers with 5 levels and I think that is slightly unbalanced , I would prefer 4 levels

I’m thinking for my main system down south even going to two 3 levels if I can fit it in between the speakers, unfortunately only way is between speakers

1 Like