The Grand Cafe

Hope all goes well, your good lady will be getting really good care , please take time for yourself and keep yourself well fed .

Everybody asks how the patient is, but many don’t ask how their nearest and dearest are doing

best wishes

Ian

4 Likes

Thinking of you. Much love, mate.

2 Likes

Thinking of you guys at this time, I’m sure she’s in good hands. As many have said, try to take care of yourself and rest well, she’ll be worrying about you more than herself very likely so try and be strong.

Keep well and let us know progress please,

Bud

2 Likes

Had a bit of good news today re our build, council will sign off at the end of January (subject to any changes we make) and it looks like we’ve secured a builder. Hopefully we can start around March and possibly-fingers crossed- in by Christmas 23.

We still need to firm up a price but it’s at least moving forward.

8 Likes

Are the building material costs coming down?

Well not quite but I think they’re slowed down. There’s a major builder from Taree (about an hour away) who has 6 houses to build in town next year. He’s hoping to tie them altogether.

2 Likes

Those builders from Taree always go bust - Mr O’Reilly’s those boys :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Only joking of course but no doubt you will do your DD and give them a right going over

It’s JG Gardener, they’re pretty big. It’s a risk with any builder at present.

Yep agree bloody builders never want to see them again

Quoted price plus 30% has been my experience , mind you some of that were changes I made going through the builds

These guys are fixed priced, that’s why we’re talking to them

1 Like

Does that mean you can’t make any changes at all ?

Yes, you should know builders make all their profit on variations. I have a bit of experience with finishes and I have a friend up here that’s a project manager so we should be ok.

1 Like

Saw in our papers the terrible shooting of-the two police officers and others, had not associated Oz with gun crimes like that.

1 Like

Yep aware of the variations game - good you have a project guy up there, he will keep them honest

I’ve seen some huge variations go through on shopping centre developments I’ve been involved in over the years.

1 Like

We don’t get a lot that’s why it’s so devastating when it does. Those poor kids were ambushed.

2 Likes

We made an enormous amount out of variations on the AMP building. Both the client and Multiplex lost control of everything.

Yes I had heard that through the grapevine

Ratbag conspiracy theorists, they’d been in touch with one nation members (or at least we’re trying to).

1 Like

Can you believe it - absolute nutters