The Grand Cafe

Ever tried to have a shower without getting your chest wet.

Might have to follow some of my grandkids example and just have one every couple of days. :grin:

Or have it shaved :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Just had a great zoom meeting with our prospective builder, he talks my kind of language and made me feel very comfortable straight away. Thankfully his experience extends to commercial work and has already come up with some more efficient ways to help speed things up and keep costs down. Believes they could start in April and itā€™ll take 6-8 months.

All of this helps but what really sealed the deal is he has a beautiful blue cattle dog, told him how much we miss ours and that I canā€™t get another till the build is finished.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s great news. You canā€™t beat a likeminded down to earth builder that will get the job done well.

1 Like

Guess whoā€™s the judge at the kids Christmas tree lighting contest tomorrow night. Iā€™ll let them (and their parents) know that Iā€™m easily swayed by a good bottle of red. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

We have a winner, not this one as Mrs Pete and I thought this was a little agro but it did make me think of you guys.

5 Likes

Hmmm, not exactly bursting with Christmas cheer. He/sheā€™ll be getting a lump of coal from Santa then :joy:

1 Like

WOW!
This young person needs to be reminded that Christmas was invented in EUROPE, to celebrate the life of a Man that was born in a DESERTšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Todays Christmas, however, is very much a product of ā€˜Westernā€™ Capitalism and not religion at allšŸ«¤

1 Like

Alternatively, Christmas hijacked the prior traditional (Pagan?) celebration of the start of the days getting longer again in the northern hemisphere. :wink:

Willy.

2 Likes

Oh yes the good old days of hijacking women from other tribes nearby!

Iā€™ve done the same but in a slightly more civilised manner.

3 Likes

Yesā€¦ after double by-pass operation!

Thankfully a couple of stitches arenā€™t that serious.

Judging by your responses to little Miss 12 year olds entry you seemed to have missed the whole point to her story.

In Australia (like the rest of the southern hemisphere) while youā€™re enjoying your fire place and baked turkey etc on Christmas Day weā€™re usually just baking in the heat. However everything we see on tv or the movies is the kind of dashing through the snow stuff that we generally canā€™t relate to. 25 years or so ago it was almost impossible to buy a Christmas card that wasnā€™t based on a white Christmas, it was like we didnā€™t exist.

Now thankfully itā€™s embraced the seafood and even a BQ has replaced the inappropriate bake lunch that our poor parents and grandparents slaved over in hot a stuffy kitchens.

I guess she was just trying to express the differences but lacked a bit of subtlety.

6 Likes

Not lost on meā€¦.we have friends and family down in Oz.

1 Like

My thoughts are that Little Miss 12 year old is rather articulate for her age, bloody well done!

1 Like

That made me chuckle.

1 Like

I would have given it her but Mrs Pete thought differently

1 Like

Christmas number 1 this weekend, weā€™ve booked this place about a 5kms out town for the family.

10 Likes

Looks nice, they should survive that.

3 Likes

Great views!

2 Likes