The Grand Cafe

I would love to spend Christmas away from this wretched cold snap, I enjoyed the letter

2 Likes

You’re always welcome to join us

1 Like

Just WOW!
What a fabulous place to retreat to as a family for this celebratory season.
Enjoy, I hope you all have a lovely time. :blush:

2 Likes

After the last ‘extended’ break , Mrs Houdini would be very, very upset .

On a more practical level , getting a business class seat would be cripplingly expensive , and I’ve reached the age , where I 've learnt the need for comfort on long journeys , so Oz, my trips to the BBL, Penfolds, Langemeil and a pair of RMs are only going to happen when my Premium Bond comes up

best wishes

Ian
PS that looks an awesome place for a family get together

1 Like

7 Likes

Sadly for our Feline friends, A Christmas Tree is JUST for Christmas… :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Mum called into see friends of ours this morning.

10 Likes

Guess who had their first shot at clay pidgin

2 Likes

The short fella in the hat?

3 Likes

Mrs Pete🤔

1 Like

Interesting … we don’t get any blue dogs here in Canada, they’re mostly just brown, white, beige, and black. Mind you, we don’t get many Platypuses either. Or is that Platypi?
:grinning:

1 Like

There’s lots of blue cattle dogs in the US, they’re become quite fashionable. Great dogs too, extremely loyal.

We lost ours last year :pleading_face:

And it’s platypi (I think)

6 Likes

Can’t say I can see any blue apart from the toy but all the Canadian dog colours are there.
There are various blue cats that don’t have any actual blue on them too, though they might be inclined to swear a lot.

This may help, and red ones are called red cattle dogs. :grin:

Platypuses.

1 Like

Border Terriers are another breed where the term’blue’ refers to black in their coat…

1 Like

That’s a nice-looking dog Pete. One could get very attached to a buddy like that …

I was very attached to him, he was a wonderful friend and companion.

3 Likes

Yes, I can well imagine …

1 Like

Not a good day yesterday. My wife’s mother who was suffering dementia and in a care home broke her hip a few days ago. She eventually got transferred to hospital after a long wait……but died whilst waiting for an operation.
Wife and daughters are very upset even though it was on the cards. Wife visiting her dad today🙏

1 Like