The Grand Cafe

Just wanted to share some good news. My wife is being allowed home from hospital.
She will have a district nurse visiting twice a day and of course she will have me to look after her. She will also have to return as an outpatient for regular scans and tests to monitor everything.
The only downside is that it was felt it would be safest for her to come home by patient transport. This means that although it is booked they cannot guarantee she will be home tonight but definitely tomorrow at latest.
I canā€™t pretend that Iā€™m not worried about the days ahead but nothing will make me happier than being together again.
Merry Christmas everybody :christmas_tree:

30 Likes

Great Christmas present. We wish you both well. Enjoy your Christmas.

3 Likes

Fantastic news , hoping all goes well :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

So pleased to hear the news. I hope you both have a great Christmas.

3 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten how early kids get you up on Christmas morning, but I guess thatā€™s the whole point.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Santaā€™s got you something nice. Stay safe warm and have a great day with your family and friends.

Merry Christmas. :+1:

@igahman Iā€™m so glad your wife is home, guess thatā€™s your best present -take care. :heart:

6 Likes

Wishing you all goes well and things get much better next year.

2 Likes

Wishing everyone here a very Merry Christmas from my family to all of yours. Best of luck in the New Year, especially for those with troubling/stressful situations.
Cheers to all!

Dave

3 Likes

4 hours to go here Pete. But merry Christmas to you too. Thanks for being one of the ā€œgood guysā€ on the forum.

2 Likes

Seeing Iā€™m doing cooking think itā€™s only fair I wear this today.

Not a present but Mrs Pete did buy it for me a few years ago, itā€™s a great vote of confidence. :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

5:50am hereā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

Have a good un guysā€¦ā€¦Bev has my vegetable station set upā€¦.i get up early and peel everythingā€¦ā€¦then get nicely pi**ed

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great news.
I hope you both have a very Merry Christmas
:christmas_tree::santa::partying_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m doing the meat. Apparently I havenā€™t started the slow cooker for the leg of lamb early enough (I think I have, slower is better).Will check in an hour or so and turn it up to the high setting before a spa/swim.

2 Likes

This was great news to have for you on Christmas Eve.

1 Like

Iā€™m doing pork and stupidity roast veggies, itā€™s meant to be 34c and thereā€™s not a cloud in the sky (first time in weeks). Good thing Iā€™ve stuck lots of beer in the fridge.

6 Likes

What great news. Have a wonderful Christmas together.

6 Likes

Merry Christmas all from South Africa :gift:

10 Likes

Itā€™s so good she is able to come home. All the best for both of you.

1 Like

Roast pork here today, free range organic .

Lots of wine , no beer. I wanted cider today followed by some apple :apple: liquor and Calvados .

My guest wanted wine :wine_glass: when I stupidly offered him a choice.

The only cider will be with the :apple: and cider gravy

All the best

Ian

2 Likes

And may I wish you a Happy Christmas also.

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like