The Grand Cafe

Everything possible crossed for you and hoping you are all together by the time you read this

2 Likes

Our dinner was a resounding success and my first attempt at a glazed ham was a sold winner, as was the slow cooked leg of lamb. Quite a few bubbles were drank, some chill out time in the pool and spa. Later my older brother and I visited the system to give it a work out, which Iā€™ll report on the 552/300 thread.

3 Likes

Weā€™re all done here as well Iā€™m buggered. Kids are slowing winding down (thankfully) and dinners just leftovers.

Havenā€™t had that much drink think itā€™s time to crack open a red.

Hope you guys have a great day.

7 Likes

We did thanks. My brother, his wife and our mum has just left. Mrs Mikes mum is staying over. I feel sober, having paced it out during the day. Might grab a Port since I had to open the bottle to glaze the ham :sunglasses:

Miss Mike was delighted to have two present sessions and brandy snaps with whipped cream and copious amounts of sparkling grape juice.

4 Likes

I am furious with myself for tempting fate.
I was full of myself because my wife was coming home from hospital for Christmas.
She arrived home at 10.30 pm Christmas Eve but she didnā€™t seem well. I put it down to tiredness but Christmas Day she deteriorated throughout the day.
Earlier tonight she was re admitted.
Itā€™s been the worst Christmas Day ever.
You will understand if I donā€™t make any further posts until we get through this.
Thanks to everyone for kind wishes.

11 Likes

Oh dear, very sorry to hear this. I hope,it works out well for you both.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s really awful. I hope that all turns out well, and soon.

4 Likes

Weā€™ll all be thinking of you guys. Take care.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear of your continuing troubles. Hope you get some good news soon.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear your newsšŸ™

3 Likes

My very best wishes for you all

Ian

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about your wifeā€™s set-back. Iā€™ll be thinking of you both and letā€™s hope there are better times ahead.
Take care.

4 Likes

I hope sheā€™s back home quickly.

4 Likes

Hi Eoin,

How are you today ?

I wonder if the pressure of getting to London , didnā€™t overdo things slightly?

Having said that not my place to pry, but just to hope you are back home asap

best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite possible Ian. Also possibly the glass of wine a week ago sped up issues in the pancreas, it looks like that had become active before then, but maybe that hastened the inevitable.
Iā€™m feeling fine in myself, but having had a pseudo-aneurysm embolised yesterday I have been told a week of monitoring and stabilisation.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that your wife had to return to the hospital. Very stressful and saddening for you all.
Just canā€™t imagine ā€¦
Hope things go better in the new year.

4 Likes

Hope you guys in North America are staying safe, just read some horrible stories about the devastation these winter storms are bringing.

Like most weā€™re hoping thereā€™s some relief soon.

Thanks. Right where we are has actually been okay. Some low temp and high winds but little snow. But not far from us itā€™s been bad and some parts of the States have been very bad, and exascerbated (canā€™t you go blind from that?) by the fact that itā€™s not the norm and they donā€™t have the equipment and experience to accommodate it.
It really sucks.

Just read the death toll has risen and theyā€™re expecting to find more victims as it eases. A devastating Christmas for many.

Yeah, it really is a terrible situation. It seems like the weather and other very natural events are being disatrrous for us these days. And I kinda believe itā€™s gonna get worse in the following years.