The Grand Cafe

One of my favourites. Happy New Year!

1 Like

Mine too. It sends the message that even for retired old blokes having health issues there is the possibility to become an action hero and save the empire.

2 Likes

We celebrated the New Year with friends in a local brewery. Complete with fabulous live band, buffet and a few minutes FaceTime with the Canadian half of our family.

They did have a silent projection running in the background showing various firework displays from around the world.

Brilliant evening.

3 Likes

Mrs D at long-last acknowledges that I can at least organise that proverbial piss-up in a brewery !

5 Likes

I knew it! She loves me! She bought this:

8 Likes

Just one can of beer as a Xmas present?

1 Like

Apparently love does have a price. :rofl::grin:

2 Likes

We donā€™t do Xmas presents (well just a bit). The Dutch have Sinterklaas for presents earlier in December. Many people change this to Xmas presents nowadays, but we keep Xmas a family happening with food and Xmas services.

3 Likes

A little less expectation re presents is a great idea. These days kids are counting and comparing how many they got. Christmas has become far too commercial.

1 Like

I count Records and books.
Tally this year was 8 records and 4 booksšŸ˜Š

Santa was good to you, I got 5 CDs but I had to buy them myself.

2 Likes

:rofl:
I bought 4 of my 8 records and one of the booksšŸ¤£

1 Like

Mrs Pete and choose our own gifts that way we make sure we get what we want rather than need.

2 Likes

Donā€™t shout this too loud, in case someone not too far away might hear, but Iā€™ve always relied on January as a time to purchase my own Christmas prezzyā€¦ This year Iā€™m eyeing up some XR technology Dewalt power tools. One year it was a nice red Elise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Gee that Elise makes my 5 CDs look a little inadequate.

2 Likes

One of my ā€˜regret selling thisā€™ moments :frowning:

2 Likes

Iā€™m about to lift a washing machine up to the attic. If I donā€™t survive, luv yā€™all.

3 Likes

On your ownā€¦ā€¦that is serious weight, you must be HerculesšŸ™

Good luck with that youā€™re obviously much younger than I am have trouble just lifting the washing some days.

Iā€™m about to return to the pool for some laps. Iā€™ve not been since my little operation last year, Iā€™m likely to sink.

1 Like

Donā€™t become a contender for the Darwin prize!

1 Like